Whether it's playing with children, people that won't get off the phone, or people who just don't realize they should be watching what the other players are doing, I love having some of these games ready to go, so I have peace of mind. (There are plenty of simultaneous action selection, roll & write*, and 2 player games that fit this bill, but these are my favorite)
- #Village Pillage Love this game. It's a excellent start, or end to game night. Everyone plays a card against the person to their left, and their right. Everyone flips and you resolves actions based on what you and your opponent played. Take your cards back and repeat until someone wins.
- #Libertalia Board Game Another simultaneous selection game. This one may lag a little sometimes since you resolve you actions in order. Sadly out of print
- #7 Wonders Don't think I need to explain this one, it's still a favorite in our group, and has a new edition coming out! Judges will also except #Fairy Tale or #Sushi Go!
- #Tiny Towns Essentially a Roll & Write, with everyone placoing the chosen resource, hoping to place them in the right pattern to build buildings.
- #Rail Pass thi one is a recent addition to my collection. A frantic, coop, train themed dexterity game? Sweet.
*I don't like roll & writes for this situation, because if one persone takes 'too long' other just pick up their phones. Also excluded some great party games, becasue most of them inherently avoid this problem.
Please, please post any games you like that have little to no downtime for players between turns.