Odd is a simple abstract game for 2 players, with stones of 2 colors, typically played on a hexagonally tiled board with 5 cells on each edge (though it can be played on almost any tiling). Odd can also be played with pencil and paper.
- A group is a set of stones on the board, all of the same color, for which it is possible to trace a continuous path between any two of them by stepping between adjacent stones of that color.
- The size of a group is the number of stones in it.
- The board begins empty.
- Players take turns. On each turn a player places one stone of either color onto any empty space.
- The game ends when the board is full. Player 1 wins if there is an odd number of groups of at least size 5 on the board, and Player 2 wins otherwise. When counting groups, be sure add up the total number of connected groups of both colors.
- One can change the character of the game by increasing or decreasing the minimum size which a group must have in order to be counted at the end. The larger the minimum group size, the more strategic and less tactical the game becomes, and vice-versa
Odd Forum Create Post
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to leave a review.
Board Game Giveaway!
Make a post or comment/reply in the articles and forum pages. 1 Entry per post/comment. Posts and comments must be constructive to the community and not considered spam to qualify. 1 entry as well to refer a friend to make an account on Board Game Atlas using this link (make sure your friend puts your username under the referral section).
Enter the Giveaway here.