Railways of Portugal
Portugal is the Westernmost country in Europe. With a coastline that spans over 700km facing the Atlantic Ocean, Portugal uses well-traveled shipping routes in order to develop its industry.
The Portuguese mainland is a crucial geographical presence for the two autonomous island regions — Madeira and the Açores. Most of the exports from these regions are directed to the mainland. While the sea routes for tourism and goods play a role of great importance to the livelihood of these islands, they also offer luxury products of superb quality to the European continent as well.
In Railways of Portugal, you plan and lay track, upgrade your trains, sell goods to other cities, and use operation cards to become the richest in Portugal! Balance your budget wisely, since taking too many bank bonds can ruin your business over the course of the game.
Foreseeing your competitors moves and making well thought out moves for yourself will ensure you an undisputed railroad empire!
Highlights of the new additions to the game:
- Islands off-shore which receive more goods as the game goes on, but require more money to access via Maritime Connections
- No black cities on the board, they can only be added at the start of the Industrial Age and via Urbanization
- A "tight" map (close cities) that demands careful and tough decisions which lead to significant player interaction
- Major Lines that require intermediate connections
- New Operations cards and concepts including: Government Subsidies, State Treasury Shares, Maritime State Support & Public-Private Partnerships
- Goal Cards instead of Baron Cards
User Activity Feed
No related posts or comments yet.