If yo had a magic wand...

Supporter

... what game would you make a second edition of? 

*you not yo haha

Like| 77 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter12 months ago

Oh my goodness, I have no idea how I didn't think of this (although I think it would be like the 3rd or 4th edition)...

I've heard so many good things about #Dominion, but it looks so utterly ugly to me that it has never been brought into strong consideration for me.  I know this might seem silly to some, but it's just so not attractive to the eyes.  Woof.

Supporter12 months ago

Oh yes... but it would be a daunting task with all of those expansions. If you could pick anyone, who would you want to do the art for the next one? 

Supporter12 months ago

On second thought, maybe Josh Kirby.

Supporter12 months ago

Help me out... what other games has he done? 

Supporter12 months ago

He's a famous SciFi/Fantasy Artist.  I think they just have one game (currently on KS) that features his artwork.

Supporter12 months ago

ah! cool. 

Supporter12 months ago

ah! cool. 

Supporter12 months ago

Oh man, that's a good question.  My quick go to would be Kyle Ferrin because I love his stuff, but don't know if I'd be attached to it with this theme as much.

So I'm going to go with Jakub Rozalski from #Scythe.  I think the art style of Scythe would work so well with Dominion.

Supporter12 months ago

All good ones. Here's a suggestion from left field... maybe the exact gameplay with a post-apocalyptic re-skin and have Kwanchai Moriya do the art. 

Premium User12 months ago

#Libertalia Board Game

only difference to the game I would make is slightly different art for the teams, (an all female pirate crew, French pirates, Chinese pirates, heck, why not one based on real pirates and the Pirates of the Caribbean films/ride) and a more balanced tiebreaker.

Then an expansion where each team had a few cards unique to them.

Supporter12 months ago

This sounds really cool!

Supporter12 months ago

I also wouldn't mind a Slimmer Meeple Edition of #Western Legends.

Supporter12 months ago

Ah! I've seen many kickstarters taking this approach. I wonder if it will catch on

Supporter12 months ago

Supporter12 months ago

I'm all for it but I'd always choose miniatures over meeples (if my wallet would cooperate)

Supporter12 months ago

Interesting.  Even if I had total disposable income I'd opt for meeples most of the time.

Supporter12 months ago

Interesting is right. Do you like traditional meeples or are the new styles good too? (I'm thinking Gamelyns Item-Meeples and other designed meeples)

Supporter12 months ago

I like the Itemeeples from Gamelyn sometimes, but I wouldn't want them always.  I also like a little of artistic flare in the Meeples as well (like Root).  A little more than just the typical dude meeple but still more simple than minis.

Supporter12 months ago

I've never played #The Expanse, but love the idea of spending VP to take actions and needing to weight the cost benefit of that throughout the game.

But... I hate hate hate the components.  They feel rushed and low quality, and I can't stand that they are TV show Stills for the art.  I love the books and I'll eventually watch the show but not until I've finished reading the whole series. (Still waiting on the last book to be published).

Also #The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth.  I know it's nit picky but I think the character combinations can be a little strange (Bilbo teaming up with Aragorn before they've ever met each other).  Maybe doing it somewhat along the lines of Imperial Assault.  Keep the main characters in the background and keep the story line years before, or side stories to the Novel Story line.

Supporter12 months ago

Movie stills bug me too. I wish these games would make their own art. I really enjoy The Expanse TV show but haven't played the game yet. 

Supporter12 months ago

And that makes sense for Journeys in Middle earth... not sure why they didn't take this approach. We know FFG isn't afraid to keep expansions coming. 

12 months ago

Wizards.    By Avalon Hill 1982.   This game got me going into board games and it could use a 2nd edition.    Hasbro owns Avalon Hill and they don't seem to into making any complex games....

Supporter12 months ago

I haven't heard of this one. I'll have to look into it!

Premium User12 months ago

I like the Terraforming Mars idea with the inclusion of Prelude.  That makes perfect sense.  I would go a different direction and and vote for a 2nd edition of the original Clank!  I think with a few upgrades this could be the best Clank! but still simpler than the other versions.  

As a second option I'd say Sword and Sorcery.  I thing other dungeon crawler have set the bar higher but with a few tweaks to the storyline and mechanics a second edition with an upgrade pack for current editions would be reasonable.  

Supporter12 months ago

Interesting on Clank! I could see it having a couple tweaks and being better than before... maybe some alternate maps for the basic game. 

Owner12 months ago

I love this! There are lots... mostly the top rated games that I'd love to see brought up to current "standards" in terms of component quality and aesthetics. I'll limit it to games that I'd be tempted to buy. Also, some of these aren't that bad, it's just that if I were to imagine what Roxley did to Brass, some of these would be instant buys if given more love:

Supporter12 months ago

Yes yes and yes! I think that the "Brass model" would be amazing for these games!

Supporter12 months ago

Everyone has already mentioned some of the best choices. I would go for a game that is really hard to acquire that a second edition would help make more readily available. For some reason I can’t think of anything right off the top of my head that fits this right now though. 

Supporter12 months ago

Forbidden Stars! 

12 months ago

Just because of hype alone, I would go for actually a 3rd edition of #Glory To Rome. They technically had a second edition with the black box edition, but it just needs to be more readily accessible.