Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on July 19, 2020)

Owner
BGA
Here's the info for the next round of giveaway! The prize will be a $60 gift card from a board game store of your choice. This is different from our usual prize where the winner selected a board game up to $60 in value.

Starts: Monday, July 6
Ends: Sunday, July 19

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:
  • Make a post on our forum or write an article
  • Comment or reply on posts/articles
  • Add/edit info on a game page
Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions.

Now that the prize has changed, I have a question: Would you still decide to spend it on board game(s) up to $60 in value? Or would you use the gift card to supplement a bigger purchase?

Like| 68 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

4 months ago

I'd get Spirit Island

4 months ago

I would spend it on Death May Die!

ArrOOoo!

Premium User5 months ago

I would almost certainly use the money to get a boardgame.  I like the gift card idea as that opens up more options.  At this point I'd shoot for Maracaibo or Raiders of Scythia.

4 months ago

I would put it towards Stone Age and Tiny Towns.  😁

Premium User4 months ago

I'd use it to get Maracaibo, Jaws of the Lion, Sleeping Gods, or maybe Near and Far.  Possibly Pendulum (if it was usable on Stonemaier site) or Dinogenics (if the BGG market was an option).

Owner4 months ago

Oh, I forgot to address your question. I don't see why not--BGG market gift card will be fine if that's the way you want to go

Premium User4 months ago

Well that is just brilliant!  :)

4 months ago

I too am curious if you would be able to get a giftcard through the developer @philryuh or would you prefer to have them based around the buying options on BGA?

Owner4 months ago

Could you clarify what you mean by "developer"? I'd prefer to keep it to well known sources, but really, it would have to be at the discretion of the winner. So I'll try to accommodate as much as possible. I might have to clarify all of this in future giveaways after seeing how the first couple of rounds go

4 months ago

Like buying a game directly from the developers website store. For example with Chip Theory, they have TMB available on their site currently and they offer giftcards. 

Owner4 months ago

Gotcha. That sounds good! It'll be a great way to support a publisher anyway. That makes me think... some day I'd like to try out some kind of publisher of the month kind of thing where we'd give away loads of games by that particular publisher (or a designer).

4 months ago

I figured it would be nice to support the publisher directly :) 

Giveaways definitely draw a crowd!

Owner4 months ago

I noticed earlier that #Maracaibo dropped in price quite a bit today. Close to its historic lowest price now. I'd like to try it out some day!

removed

Comment deleted.

4 months ago

Ooh, what a question!

I could put it towards a copy of Mechs vs Minions... That would take a lot of the sting out of shipping to Australia...

Owner4 months ago

Mechs vs Minions is one of those games that I get reminded of and take a glance toward every 3-4 months or so, and then tell myself no haha. I've played League before so it's pretty tempting considering its high production quality

Premium User4 months ago

I think I'd let the community pick a game for me.

Owner4 months ago

Any..... game?? :D

Premium User4 months ago

Yeah. I'd want to give a general description of what I tend to like, but I'd like to have suggestions of 'this is what you are missing in your collection' or 'you should really give this a try because it's great despite your preferences'. 

4 months ago

Yes! I'd still spend it on board games. Now, answering the rest of the question is more challenging.  There are several games on my want list that are over $60.  The gift card would make it much easier to get one of them. #Wingspan (if anyone can get it in stock) #Scythe #The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth 

Owner4 months ago

Wingspan is currently in stock but you never know with that one xD

Supporter4 months ago

I would still use it on a boardgame. But to be sure, I would make sure to choose an actual boardgame website and not Amazon :)

5 months ago

I would use the gift card for expansions to currently owned games. The first ones that come to mind: 

Rails to the North (Great Western Trail)

Houses of Renaissance (Lorenzo il Magnifico)

4 months ago

You really need to get Railways To The North.  Oh yeah, soooo good.

4 months ago

I'm going to have to get it.  Too many people have said they don't want to play without it. 

5 months ago

Yes I still have a massive wish list of games so prob more Cthulhu Wars stuff for me :)

5 months ago

I think right now I would put it towards a copy of #878: Vikings - Invasions of England as I have wanted it for some time, but generally I think I would probably use it to pick up some expansions for games, maybe #Archipelago: War & Peace or one of the #Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game expansions.

Supporter5 months ago

5 months ago

A particular one or just all of them?

Supporter5 months ago

#878: Vikings - Invasions of England

I am very curious to hear about it.

Premium User5 months ago

I'd likely spend it on a new game/expansion but I might consider blinging out an existing game as my shelves are getting full!