Feedback Friday! (2020-05-01)

Owner
BGA

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content, etc. You can also find more information in this article where I walk through the various features on BGA.

Since I've already made several posts throughout this week asking for feedback, I really don't have a specific question in mind. So please feel free to let us know any of your thoughts below!

Like| 10 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter7 months ago

I really like the changes the @trentellingsen is making to the logging etc..... I think they are making a great positive change.

Owner7 months ago

I agree, it felt too clunky in the beginning but I only used it out of obligation lol

Now I actually enjoy the feature.

Supporter7 months ago

It's so much easier than it used to be. 

7 months ago

This is kind of a spinoff of a comment from a different post, but I'd love to eventually be able to do an advanced search. I'd love to be able to set search parameters for min/max player count, game length, mechanisms/categories, complexity, popularity (list presence, pageviews, rating count/average), etc. I'm sure there are plenty of useful categories on which to filter, and I'm sure a few that BGA is more well-suited to provide than other sites are.

Definitely more of a "nice to have" feature, but I'd definitely use it. I use the one on BGG from time to time.

Owner7 months ago

Advanced search used to be available but it was one of those early features that we just had but didn't put much love into. We still have the sorting options for a lot of those categories you mentioned on the left side of the page, but I agree having a typical advanced search option would be great.

Supporter7 months ago

Amen to the message as I understood it.

6 months ago

I have started trying to post a bit on the forums, and the WYSIWYG editor is doing my head in. I know many users are better off with a point&click editor, but I personally get interrupted out of my train of thought if the formatting goes weird or takes me using the mouse.

What I would like to request is a way to disable the WYSIWYG editor and instead use a markdown-based one. I'm not sure how linking to games would work though, that'd probably still need a button.

Supporter6 months ago

Is the site having issues right now? I've tried posting a new topic several times without success.

Thanks

Owner6 months ago

That's strange, I'll try testing it out myself too. Thanks!

Supporter6 months ago

I was trying to make a new post in the forum that included a pasted in table from a spreadsheet. Maybe the forums don't like tables? It displayed correctly before hitting "post" but every time I tried to post it, it didn't work.

Linked Topic