The last 2 or 3 weeks I have been swamped. I have been too busy too spend much time on the forums, and I have been too busy to spend time playing games. I trust that this busyness will slacken some, but, while I have been busy with all sorts of things, I have been daydreaming, at least some of the time, about playing games.
As many of you know, I am currently living in El Salvador, and shipping to here is unreasonable expensive. Add to that the mail system, such as it is, has been shut down for the last 3 or so months, and you have a situation. That dictates that when I buy a game I have it shipped to my US address and bring it back to me when I visit the states. I had been planning on traveling to the states in April, but Covid-19 got in our way, so I didn't, and know I have a fair amount of new games up there that I haven't had a chance to play.
Before I give this list I want to offer one disclaimer: This includes games that I have kickstarted. I don't know for sure when they will ship, but I do know that I have been daydreaming about playing them. So, without further ado, I give you the list.
- #Pax Pamir (Second Edition) I love the idea of historical games, and this is a fascinating time period treated in a beautiful manner. I really look forward to trying the AI opponent designed by Ricky Royal.
- #Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain. This is a COIN game. I haven't ever played a COIN game, and this is the most complex of them all. So, I am a little scared of it, but, I love this time period of history and I am really excited about trying it out.
- #Pax Renaissance 2nd edition. This sounds like a meaty game that you can play pretty quickly, sign me up.
- #Gaia Project A classic remake of a classic game which I have never played. I like heavy Euro's and this looks like a good one.
- #Pax Porfiriana Again, I love this time period, and am very familiar with the Porfirian period of Mexican history.
- #Root. I will be playing this solo with the better bot project. I am really excited about the gameplay. But, I am almost equally excited by the art.
- #Navajo Wars. This is a historically themed solo game. I am really excited to try it out.
- #High Frontier 4 All. This is a game I had no interest in, then I watched a Heavy Cardboard playthrough of it. That was a very unwise choice for my wallet. I ended up backing the Core box and all three expansions on the last Sierra Madre kickstarter. I expect I will mostly be playing this solo.
- #Greenland (Third Edition) This is a part of the world I know embarassingly little about. I am looking forward to exploring it more in game play.
- #1862: Railway Mania in the Eastern Counties This will be my first 18xx game. I am tremendously excited, and tremendously scared. This is one of the more complex 18xx games, which make it, perhaps, a unwise choice for a newby like me. But, it is one of the few 18xx games that has a solo variant. So, I am looking quite forward to that.
Other games that might make the list on other days include,