Shekinah

Thoughts on new BGA front page layout?

Which features do you like? Are there features you wish were/weren't there?The clearance + historical low prices categories make it really hard for me to not spend all my money :o (but I love it)

6 points by Shekinah - updated 4 months ago | 7 comments | report | subscribe

R0land1199 5 months ago | 3 points[-]

It would be interesting to see where the most action is occurring on the site.   Maybe a section showing games with the most postings reviews and/or plays in the last week or something along those lines?

philryuh 5 months ago | 1 point[-]

That sounds like a fun idea, especially once the user count on this site increases a bit!

menthabrw 5 months ago | 3 points[-]

I like that the articles came back on top. I still think that there also should be an individual page with only articles and reviews.Trending games could be like 2 position higher.The order of new gamer essentials seem to be a bit weird for me. What is the order of those games based on or how are those games selected?

philryuh 5 months ago | 2 points[-]

How have you liked the articles so far? I've been enjoying writing up the interviews and I'm planning on coming up with some original content too. Any suggestions at all would be great :)

menthabrw 5 months ago | 2 points[-]

I like the Board Game artist series, it is nice to see the faces who make the art for the games and get to know them a bit more. I also like that there are lots of pictures of their other works too (not necessarily connected to games) so you get a wider spectrum of their art. The questions were good too, I enjoyed reading the interviews.

philryuh 5 months ago | 1 point[-]

Thanks for the feedback! I've taken a break from the artist series to wait on their responses and have been interviewing designers to fill the gap in time (just posted my interview of Martin Wallace today). Andrew Bosley (Everdell) and Mihajlo (Raiders of the North Sea series) will be getting back to me soon!

trentellingsen 5 months ago | 1 point[-]

The new gamer essentials is a random selection of the most popular games that take less than an hour to play. When I was trying to create a set of games, it seemed like it had the most common games I recommend to new gamers on it.