This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

Feedback Friday (2020-12-04)

Owner

For those who are new, this is where you can share your feedback on all things related to Board Game Atlas. You can also find more information in this article where I walk through the various features on BGA.

For this week, there were several things I wanted to ask:

1. If you're someone who started using our website as a result of the boardgameprices.com migration, please give us feedback on the experience! Whether it's good, bad, or the ugly, just let us know so that we can work on improving.
  2. How do you feel about the forum? Are you having fun? Is there enough content to enjoy? What are some weekly discussion topics you'd like to see?
  3. How do you feel about the Discover page? We're planning to automatically rotate out the designer and the publisher section to keep things fresh starting next week. We'll also be coming up with individual pages for content creators similar to ones we have for designers and publishers. Lastly, once we upgrade the "list" feature to allow easier sorting, I'm going to make a forum post asking everyone to create their own unique lists and send me a link by direct message. We'll have a section on the Discover page that will rotate out user's lists. So whatever you can think of, whether it's your personal top 10/50/20/etc, 7 best worker placement games, top 10 solo games, top 9 games for family game nights, etc, we'll share it on the Discover page. Just keep it "public friendly" in terms of title and content!

Thanks everyone and I hope you all are enjoying the holiday seasons and game filled weekends :) (does anyone have a game planned for this weekend?)

Like| 34 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

44 days ago

Ok. Seriously. That Beginner's Guide to BGA article is so helpful. I wish I'd seen that five months ago when I created my account! I just posted a question about the scoring in the colored boxes, the ranking, and the trending a few days ago.  I also learned a lot more. This would be so helpful as a link under 'Discover' so you could have the option to discover BGA and discover games in the new Discover page.  And if the article was updated once or twice a year to cover new features, that would be an added bonus!

Just saying...

Owner41 days ago

Glad you found it useful! Good reminder that I need to update it too... lots of things have changed since then haha

40 days ago

And BGA keeps getting better!  Thanks!

42 days ago

Haha, hindsight is always 20/20

40 days ago

I'll be glad when this year is hindsight as well! 

43 days ago

I'm having an issue with box size inputs. There are three empty numbers fields (blank x blank x blank) but it only ever saves two: the first and last ones.

Premium User43 days ago

Yes I've been running into this issue as well. Second box never stays filled in

44 days ago

1. I was using BGP a few times a year since late 2019 but wasn't that familiar with all it offered.  Since mid-summer, I've been visiting BGA more regularly, and now several times a week due to the forums.

2 So, yes, I'm really having fun with the forums.  There's still a lot I haven't discovered, but I'm looking forward to it. 

3. I like the Discover page. I'll put it on my radar to check it regularly.

Thanks again for all your doing! 

Supporter38 days ago

So far I've really enjoyed everything and am very happy with all of the changes

42 days ago

I really like the discover page, I think people explain why they like a game is always great. Also Greta to see so many new users since I was last here!

43 days ago

Hey I already shot you guys a email with some feedback but I thought of a couple other things.

2. For ease of navigation could we have sections or colour coding to split topics up a bit. Maybe just a boardgames, buying/selling/prices, and not boardgames? Or whatever catagories you guys think of. Just to help sort a bit as the number of threads grows

3. Less related to the discover page but I read elsewhere your idea for top 10s attached to accounts and using that for matchmaking (a great idea) but could we have the aggregated site top 10 made of all the top 10s of users. I think it would be interesting to see where the sites members tastes as a whole lie.

Premium User40 days ago

Really looking forward to that matchmaking thing if it ever happens

40 days ago

yeah me too! that's a great idea that I haven't heard before anywhere

43 days ago

Whoa, user lists in the discovery section sounds fun! Also intimidating, haha! Making lists is hard!

Premium User44 days ago

1. I like boardgameprices and use it reglarly but have noticed it doesn't seem to reset and update changed to my list very quickly.  I may be using it poorly as well and perhaps there are options I have not tapped into?  I've noticed that some sales are not actually available when I go to the site.  Not often, but occasionally a price will be listed for a few days and not actually available.

2. Love the forum!  The forum is my favorite part of BGA! Great content, folks come up with great topics.  I am trying to devise reasonably good questions when I can but often draw a blank.  Aside from my sporadic YouTube videos I am somewhat of a lame duck someing up with good questions.

3. The list feature is intriging.  I'll be curious to see that once it's up and running.  I haven't used the discover page but will try that out over the next couple weeks and see.

No games planned this weekend.  Hoping to get #Viscounts of the West Kingdom to the table to teach Becky.  Perhaps a game of #Rococo: Deluxe Edition if time allows.

Supporter44 days ago

I have been super swamped, and haven't had as much time as normal to chat here on the forums in this last week. But, I have really enjoyed the conversations I have been a part of.

Premium User44 days ago

I still enjoy our conversations as well! It was nice to get to know a little more about you and your background :)

Premium User44 days ago

I posted this somewhere else on the forum and have been waiting for a Feedback Friday post to bring it up again. I'm still seeing an issue with my logged plays changing the dates on me. Just tonight for instance, I logged a play for a game and it changed it to tomorrow. It's not the biggest of deals but sometimes it can get a little tedious having to go back and check that everything went in correctly.

44 days ago

Yeah to my eyes it looks like it's something to do with UTC conversion

Premium User44 days ago

What does UTC mean?

Premium User43 days ago

Thanks! I don't think I've ever heard of it called UTC

Supporter44 days ago

I'll be playing#Maracaibo solo this weekend. Also planning on posting a review for#Aeon's End: Legacy.

Premium User44 days ago

Can't wait to read it!

Supporter43 days ago

Which one?

Premium User43 days ago

I mean..you did say you're only posting a review for Aeon's End, right? Lol

But if you do post one about Maracaibo too of course I would read that too!

Supporter43 days ago

Oh. I did say that, didn't I.  Oops. 

Premium User43 days ago

These reactions are really coming in handy 

Supporter43 days ago

I might have a surprise review coming first instead...

Premium User43 days ago

👀after your last review caused me to basically insta buy a game I shouldn't be as excited