Everything Board Games Under New Ownership

I've known this was coming for a while, and my wife and I even strongly considered jumping into the bidding pool but eventually decided now wasn't the time. As officially announced today, Dane Trimble is stepping down as owner/operator of Everything Board Games. He's been at the helm of EBG for 10+ years, so it's sad to see him go. In fact, he's the one who reached out to me to start reviewing with EBG, and since then my involvement in the board game industry has escalated beyond belief.

Dane helped me launch my freelance rule book editing services and helped keep me--and my family--afloat when I was out of work for 20 months through writing spotlights and other content for EBG, and also bringing in some big editing jobs. I'm definitely sad to see him step down.

But, he's sold EBG to Lake Leafty of Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf and The Giveaway Geek. I know Lake works incredibly hard with his podcast and with TGG, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table. Everything Board Games will be operating as normal as this change takes place, but Lake will certainly find ways to spice things up and continually find ways to improve.

Dane has been posting this announcement on Facebook, so I guess it's fair game to spill the beans haha As EBG has been a huge part of my life for the last few years, I felt it was appropriate to make the announcement here. The future is always changing, and change can bring some very good things! I'm looking forward to what the future holds for EBG.

For a short press release from Dane, here's the link: http://bit.ly/37ETzcR

Like| 15 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter11 months ago

Best wishes for you, ebg, the Dane, and Lake as you weather this change. 

10 months ago

Thanks! I'm looking forward to what Lake brings to EBG.

Supporter10 months ago

good, I am glad you are looking forward to it rather than dreading it.

10 months ago

Definitely excited! I hope I didn't come off as doom and gloom in my post haha

Supporter10 months ago

You didn't. But change can be scary. 

10 months ago

Glad to hear you are staying on board.

10 months ago

Hey Nick! Yeah, I don't have any plans on leaving. Super sad to see Dane go, though. 

10 months ago

Me too.

10 months ago

Good. You'd better stick around haha I don't know what I'd do if you left too!

10 months ago

Best of luck to everyone involved!

10 months ago

Thanks! 

Owner11 months ago

Now this is a surprise! I had a short exchange of emails with Dane a while back when looking into advertisements for BGA on different websites. Hope he's satisfied with how things turned out.

It sounds like an exciting change for EBG--two giveaway giants combining?? I'm curious what the future direction will be and how this will change your involvement, if at all.

10 months ago

I don't think it will change my involvement at all. Things should continue moving as it always has. It's sad to see Dane go since he's had such a big influence on the community, but Lake is full of drive and will no doubt bring some exciting changes to EBG.

Supporter11 months ago

Change is part of life, whether we hope for it or not. Best of luck to all involved!

10 months ago

Definitely! It's sad to see Dane leave, but I'm still looking forward to what Lake will bring to EBG. Change is always exciting.