Unconventional Board Game Awards
Speaking of awards, why don't we take the time to give awards to the games in our collection? We can also use this to brainstorm some off-the-wall award categories that we could potentially use for BGA's first annual award some day.
Here are some unconventional awards for the standout elements behind games in my collection, that are sure to be worthy contenders against other games:
- Most OP variable player powers: #The Voyages of Marco Polo
- Best tiles: #Azul
- Most asymmetric: #Root
- Best box to game ratio that comes with terrible insert: #Clans of Caledonia (I bought a custom one)
- Cutest art: #Sushi Go!
- Best turn order determination: #Tuscany: Essential Edition
- Most elegant game above 3.0 weight (by elegant, I mean games with high ratio of strategy complexity to rules complexity): #Concordia
- Best looking game illustrated by Klemens Franz: #Clans of Caledonia
- Best looking box cover with people staring at you: #Architects of the West Kingdom
Other unconventional award ideas:
- I want to try reaching out to hundreds of board game artists out there and seeing their choice for the best looking box art.