This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on March 15, 2020)

Owner
BGA

Here's the info for the next round of giveaway!!

Starts: Monday, March 2

Ends: Sunday, March 15

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:

• Make a post on our forum or write an article
  • Comment or reply on posts/articles

Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions.

Thanks everyone for continuing to make this community a great one! By the way, with future giveaways, I'm thinking of asking @trentellingsen to include other types of contributions for additional entries. Will ask for some feedback on this process in a later post.

Like| 37 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

10 months ago

What other types of contributions are being considered for possible entries?

Owner10 months ago

Will be talking about giveaway rules and ideas in the upcoming Feedback Friday post! It'll be great to talk about it with everyone.

10 months ago

Thinking about picking up Sanctum.

Looks like a fun game.

10 months ago

There are some other more expensive games on my list too, like Quacks of Quedlinburg, Ecos: First Continent, Habitat, or Fast Sloths, but they're so pricy right now!  I'll wait til they go down :)

10 months ago

Thanks to you for putting this on again!  If I won, I'd maximize my $60...I'd start with Sagrada (+ 6 player expansion), Jamaica, Downforce, 6 nimmt! 25 Jahre, or Century Golem. 

10 months ago

Thanks for the contest!

10 months ago

agreed.  I always love a contest.

Premium User10 months ago

Thanks for the contest!

I think the game I would get if I won would be Zona: The Secret of Chernobyl.  I love Roadside Picnic, Stalker video games, and this would be right up my alley.

Supporter10 months ago

I've heard good things about Zona. Have you played it?

Premium User10 months ago

I haven't played it but I've read the rules and I think it would be up my alley.   It's more or less the STALKER video game in board game form.

10 months ago

I have an itch for #The Estates or #Keyflower, but I am realizing my desire shift and change often so take it with a grain of salt lol. 

10 months ago

I've heard so much good about the Estates, so that's on my wishlist too!

Owner10 months ago

If you have the right group, The Estates will be a blast :D

10 months ago

I actually just ordered it yesterday and it should arrive this weekend :) I have heard that its a slugfest and as long as you communicate that up front to your group it is a blast....and definitely do not play at 2 player...

10 months ago

Nice!  Thanks for the playing tips too...I'll keep them in mind for whatever time in the future I get this game, haha

10 months ago

It is becoming super affordable!

10 months ago

KEYFLOWER!!!!!

10 months ago

It definitely seems super interesting!

10 months ago

I've been thinking about the entries, and I wonder if it would be better to give different weights to different actions. For example:

• Article - 10 points
  • Forum post - 3 points
  • Comment - 1 point

That way it incentivizes what I assume are the more valuable contributions vs simply making an easy comment on every post to get an entry, which is not as helpful in bringing new people to the site or convincing them to stay.

Just spit-balling. I'm sure you'll talk about it in the feedback post.

10 months ago

Dude, I agree...who would write an entire article, when you can comment once for the same amount of points, lol

Doing what you're suggesting would give a better incentive for writing articles, and posting on forums...good thinking!

Supporter10 months ago

I agree, that this might help if there are those that are merely seeing how many entries they can rack up. But, I have a feeling that there are a number of people who are more interested in chatting than they are in writing articles. I have a few articles I want to write, and maybe changing the format would get me to do so. But, I am mostly interested in chatting. Lately I've also been trying to do several things in the wiki on a weekly basis, or post game pics, or..... But what I really love is the chatting. 

10 months ago

Oh, I totally agree...I wasn't necessarily saying they should help people rack up the points, although I'm not really against that, haha

But I was thinking similarly to you...changing the format would give people more incentive to write articles, etc.  And of course, chatting is always great too, but changing the points would give a little incentive to write more.  It can be a bad thing if BGA gets absolutely flooded with useless articles, but I feel people will be responsible and it will stimulate lots of great conversation!

10 months ago

Thanks! Yeah I wonder if @philryuh saw this or is planning to make a discussion post about this topic.

10 months ago

Yeah, he is definitely thinking somewhere along the same lines as you...maybe you were the one that kickstarted his thinking :)

Owner10 months ago

@KYGameMaster @theDL Will share my thoughts about this when I make a post on Friday! There are several things to consider when it comes to the idea of awarding different number of entries for the giveaway. It'll be a good chance to talk about it altogether.

10 months ago

Ok cool!

10 months ago

Ooo! Beware the Ides of March! 

Let's see...every month it seems that my wishlist changes haha Still hoping to stumble across an Imperial Assault for cheap. Other games I'm interested in are:

#Scythe

#Spirit Island

#Downforce

#Wingspan: European Expansion

Thanks @trentellingsen and @philryuh for continually making this a great place! If I had more time, I'd be on here all day haha

Supporter10 months ago

These upsets have been amazing lately. I think one time @Sliddell11 had the most entries but didn’t win, so this time fate made it up to him. I can’t wait to see what game he picks. 

If I’m fortunate enough to win again I’d consider:

#Imperial Settlers: Empires of the North

#A Feast For Odin expansion

#Clans of Caledonia

Or probably more. But those stand out right now. 

10 months ago

Haha its so funny how that works...

Supporter10 months ago

Somehow I thought you had clans. I guess I was wrong. Have you played it?