This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

Feedback Friday! (2020-02-28)

Owner

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content, etc. So, have at it and let us know your thoughts!

I feel like @trentellingsen already has a mountain of work to do so for this week, I'd like to get your feedback on what I could work on to make this community a better place.

Some of the things I do are:

• Forum community management & giveaways
  • Content creation (written)
  • A little bit of social media management

With that in mind, what are some things that you think I could do more of? And when it comes to content, would you like me to focus on picking up interviews again? or try my hand at doing analytical work in presenting our traffic data in written form? (write about top games viewed, changes in trends, etc).

Like| 25 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

10 months ago

oooo I'd love to see traffic data! I love stats and data.

Some feedback I have that might be opening a can of worms...lately I've been noticing a lot of posts from brand new accounts that are purely promotional posts - such as "check out my Kickstarter!" or "Here's an article I wrote". To me, it's one thing for active members to share things they've created, but to have BGA simply be a platform to get free advertising for stuff is kind of annoying in my eyes. I looked at the profile of one of the people doing this and all of their posts were about their Kickstarter. One post on the game's page makes sense, but posting multiple times in a few days is pretty annoying. If they're going to advertise here, I think they should pay you guys, and I think the post should be noted as such. Of course this is up to you guys as far as how you want to handle that kind of post, but those are my thoughts. If I'm alone in this then I'll be quiet haha.

Owner10 months ago

Won't be able to write a long response right now, but just wanted to say that it's been noted. I fully get where you're coming from and it'll be one that I imagine will take the longest time to figure out a good way to address the holes in our system.

Thanks and I appreciate the patience!

10 months ago

Cool, thanks Phil!

Supporter10 months ago

I agree with this. I don’t mind one or two posts from somebody - That’s fine. But posts over and over are a bit annoying and clog up the forums. I feel like ever since the Meeple Mountain incident (I understand that this was unintentional) the forums have been kind of quiet. 

Supporter10 months ago

I have thought as well that the forums have been a little quieter. I thought it was more due to various work/life situations. For instance.... 

I've been traveling the last week. I've had time to comment but no time to post. 

@sdirrane is pulling back for lent, and others might be as well. 

Supporter10 months ago

Well lent only started on Wednesday... they’ve been quieter since the review explosion. 

Supporter10 months ago

That is true. It did start on weds. However I know some people down here started observing it Sunday already, but I'm sure they are not affecting forum traffic. 

I do agree that it seems to have slowed down since that explosion. 

Supporter10 months ago

I'll be here every Sunday and one other day during lent.

Supporter10 months ago

What if you win a GAW? 

Supporter10 months ago

Oh I'll definitely respond to that message, but I'm only skipping out on the forum.  I don't get many messages (really none) so there isn't a point to avoiding the DM part of the website.

Supporter10 months ago

I see.

Supporter10 months ago

Phil you always do such a great job and your comments and posts are extremely considered and thoughtful. You have enriched my experience with the hobby. Keep up the good work!

I do think a monthly “hot games” or other such analytics post would be interesting and create some cool discussion. 

Owner10 months ago

Thanks Brian! Will keep on rocking xD

On a later feedback post, I think I'll ask for some ideas on what type of category of games/data everyone would be interested in seeing. Let me know if you can think of some topics!

Supporter10 months ago

I’m supposed to add “Keep on Rocking”

10 months ago

Your feedback is now noted.

Supporter10 months ago

I really like the idea of more analytical work. But, I think your doing good. Keep on rocking. 

Owner10 months ago

Thank you! I should reallyyyyyy finish up my interview with Vincent Dutrait and then explore a bit more into analytical work :)

Supporter10 months ago

I'm looking forward to it. 

Supporter10 months ago

Do we all have to say “Keep on Rocking”? Because I neglected to do so. 

Supporter10 months ago

@thedl is right. 

10 months ago

Doesn't count if you don't say keep on rocking

Owner10 months ago

Thank you xD

Supporter10 months ago

Ok. I’ll amend my earlier post. 

Premium User10 months ago

I'm happy with content so far.  Keep on rocking

Owner10 months ago

Thank you! Appreciate the comment. Hopefully I can switch to full-time in the near future so that I can bring lots more.

Linked Topic