This is a list of 5 games, in no particular order, which I really want for solo only play. Some of these are designed primarily for solo play, but some are multiplayer games.
- #Too Many Bones, for rhapsodies of this particular game, check out @nealkfrank's post here.
- #Nemo's War (Second Edition) Beautiful art, great theme, designed primarily for solo play..... Yes of course I want this. I spent many many hours of my childhood reading Jules Verne, I even seriously considered learning French, so that I could read his books in the language they were originally written. So, of course this game piques my interest.
- #Renegade. This is a game designed by Richard Wilkins aka Ricky Royal aka Box of Delights. He is a noted designer of solo variants, including the great solo opponent, the Wakhan, that was included in #Pax Pamir (Second Edition). This game has frequently been discribed as a love letter to #Mage Knight so that interests me highly. Furthermore, solo gamers can play this in in around an hour.
- #Gandhi: The Decolonization of British India, 1917 – 1947. This is a COIN game. The subject matter interests me quite a bit. And, it has a new cardbased AI rather than a flowchart based AI. It seems like it would be easier to run than the older COIN games. In addition, it has a non-violent faction, that in a COIN game seems like it would be a very intriguing twist.
- #Nations. This is a basically a reworking of Vlada Chvatl's Through the Ages: a New Story of Civilisation. But, it has been simplified a bit, and the importance of the military has been pared down. This made it easier to design solo play for it, and it supports solo play out of the box. I would prefer Through the Ages, I think, for multiplayer games. But, for solo play I would like to give Nations a shot.
So, there are five games that greatly interest me. What do the rest of you solo gamers have on your radar.