How many Top 100 games have you played?

Supporter

How many games have you played in the BGG Top 100? What’s a game in the Top 100 that you have no interest in playing? What game do you want to play next?

Like| 94 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

7 months ago

Very few:

That makes 11. If I were guessing I would've guessed around 7, as the last 4 probably would not have sprung to mind.

Supporter7 months ago

You haven’t played too many but the ones you have... whew. Good ones. 

Supporter7 months ago

I've played 12. There are plenty of games I have no interest in, like #Twilight Struggle, #Kingdom Death: Monster, #The 7th Continent#Eclipse, #Android: Netrunner, #Dominant Species, #Russian Railroads, #Star Wars X-Wing: Core Set, #Yokohama, #Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game, and pretty much most of the Cthulhu themed games. I'm sure I'd enjoy playing them, but there are plenty of other games I'm more interested in trying out.

Game I want to play next is #Concordia.

7 months ago

I mostly agree with your list, but Android Netrunner looks pretty interesting to me. Unfortunately, I don't buy LCGs, even dead ones. Plus I would want to have a consistent play partner for it, and my wife is not that person.

Supporter7 months ago

In sorta surprised that #Dominant Species would attract you. It is profoundly ugly. 

7 months ago

He said he has no interest in it. So you're spot on.

Supporter7 months ago

Oops.... My bad... I read it too fast. 

7 months ago

I have 34 under my belt. 

I have a couple games I have played that I wish to never play again, namely #Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game. Really do not like that game. #Twilight Imperium 4th Edition is another one that I know would be great fun, but it just does not appeal to me, mostly play time wise. 

The game I would like to play next is tied between #Keyflower and #El Grande. There are other games I really would like to play but these are two more realistic options. 

Supporter7 months ago

Only 13. I have no interest in several of them. 

1. KDM
  2. Android Netrunner
  3. Eldritch horror 

Next I'll play well probably be Root. 

7 months ago

A friend of mine is super into Netrunner, we are gonna try and online game here this week, I will report back. 

7 months ago

Please report back! That game is intriguing to me. I'll never buy it, but it sounds like quite an achievement in game design.

7 months ago

I just played a learning game over lunch online, definitely a lot to know and the challenge for sure lies in understanding the game state. I will get a couple more plays in this week and will report back once I know the game better. 

7 months ago

Oh nice, where did you play it?

7 months ago

We played on jinteki. My friend built me a deck and we went from there. 

7 months ago

Ah having someone build a deck for you is nice. I wish there was a mobile app for this game. I feel like that would work pretty well.

7 months ago

Yes, it would have been impossible to build my own deck...I have no clue what I am doing lol. 

7 months ago

I will! I know it is considered one of the greats, LCG is not my preferred type of game but we will see!

7 months ago

KDM is one of those games that just seems sooo over the top for lots of reasons lol. 

Supporter7 months ago

Way too over the top in my opinion. 

7 months ago

in price and in content it seems! 

Supporter7 months ago

And theme. 

7 months ago

Ya, it is pretty dark and violent from what I have heard!

Supporter7 months ago

And hyper sexualized. 

7 months ago

So odd, that does not come up in games very often. 

Supporter7 months ago

It does in this one. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomDeath/comments/5m80qq/sexuality_and_genitalia_in_kingdom_death/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

7 months ago

Just more reason for me to not get it lol. 

Supporter7 months ago

Honestly that doesn’t bother me too much. We are all adults and can theoretically handle an advanced theme. I’d play the game just to experience it. But the cost and everything...

7 months ago

I typically avoid that type of content in other forms of media as well, personal preference I guess. But yes, the cost alone is a massive deterrent lol. 

Supporter7 months ago

I mean it’s not something I would seek out all the time but if the game is good, which it is supposed to be, it might be worth checking out. 

Supporter7 months ago

I’ve played 21, counting apps. 

19 without. 

I desperately want to play TI, but don’t know if that will ever happen. Realistically in the next couple months I’ll have played #Gaia Project and #Mage Knight