Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on February 16, 2020)

Supporter
BGA

Here's the info for the next round of giveaway! (photo by @Sliddell11)

• Starts: Monday, February 3
  • Ends: Sunday, February 16

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:

• Make a post on our forum or write an article
  • Comment or reply on posts/articles
  • Create a topic
  • Refer a friend using this link: https://www.boardgameatlas.com/signup?referral (send this link to your friends and have them input your username under the referral section)
  • Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions.

Full rules page to be updated.

Thanks everyone for continuing to make this community a great one! And as always, which game will you be getting if you won?

Like| 79 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

9 months ago

Just found out about this site.  Time to expore

Supporter9 months ago

I put up a weekly Feedback Friday post so let me know what you like/dislike/wish for!

9 months ago

Welcome! It's a friendly place and we're glad to have you around!

9 months ago

Nice idea 👍🏻

9 months ago

I'd probably be a big nerd and get strat-o-matic or APBA baseball

9 months ago

Turns out that Strat-o-matic is WAY cheaper

Supporter9 months ago

Any particular reason to choose the second marco polo over the first? 

Supporter9 months ago

I've heard the second one is much like the first but better.  Honestly, I haven't played the first one but I have seen it played and watched videos etc and it seems right up my alley.

Supporter9 months ago

I admit that I hear travel is much tougher in the first edition and that is attractive to me. 

Supporter9 months ago

In general, most people seem to think Marco Polo II is just a better Marco Polo, where it's an improvement from its predecessor while not doing anything radically different.

Other thoughts:

• Traveling in MP I is very costly - some people like this because of how challenging and "tight" this makes it to get to your destinations (I'm in this camp). Some people don't and opt for alternate strategies that require very little traveling. Either way, MP II lightens the burden of traveling while also encouraging it by adding another element into the game.
  • MP II has added depth - the second game introduces another element into the game where the locations aren't just different because they have different rewards from the variable setup, but have an assigned "faction" of some sort that adds another layer of strategy.

Supporter9 months ago

Have you played the first one before? Just curious since I own it and got in several plays so far.

Supporter9 months ago

I haven't played it.  I've seen it played and watched videos and it seems up my alley for sure!

Supporter9 months ago

#Wingspan would be nice, but I'll probably also get some inserts for some of my owned games too

Supporter9 months ago

Caylus 1303. Thanks for the contest!

9 months ago

Once again. Wingspan.

9 months ago

Right now, I’d probably get #Le Havre or a few small games/expansions. Among those probably: #Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm, #Railroad Ink: Deep Blue Edition, and others.

9 months ago

Imperial settlers

Supporter9 months ago

The art made me interested in this game but I have no idea how it plays. It stayed on my wishlist for quite a while haha

9 months ago

I played a stand-alone expansion at Dice Tower Cruise and really liked it. 

9 months ago

I honestly have such a laser focus on the 20 anniversary edition of castles of burgundy, I am going to be ecstatic if I can get that. Been itching and waiting and keeping myself from impulse, cultivating the savor!

Supporter9 months ago

Have you heard about #The Castles of Tuscany? I'm really curious to see what they'll do with it.

9 months ago

Hadn't heard of it, I hope it is in line with its predecessor

Supporter9 months ago

If it looks as good as the cover and delivers on solid gameplay like its predecessor, I feel like it'll sell like pancakes

9 months ago

Glad you guys can still afford to do this :D

Supporter9 months ago

Me too! xD

9 months ago

This is cool . . . a great way to bring more people to the site.
Brand new here, just started looking around. I love to talk games with gamers.

9 months ago

Good to see you using the forums! Welcome!

Supporter9 months ago

Both are great choices, and they've been frequently mentioned by users in all past giveaways :)