What did you play this week? (10/12/2020)

(10/12/2020) This is an automated weekly post to talk about the games you played last week.

like| 73 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter7 days ago

I played my first game of#Nemo's War (Second Edition) on Sunday. It was fantastic! Look for my review soon!

Supporter7 days ago

Oh my, didn't know you had picked it up. Looking forward to your report. 

7 days ago

ooo

Supporter7 days ago

Aaa!

7 days ago

Oh nice! I did not know you picked that up! Looking forward to your review!

Supporter7 days ago

Yeah! I've been so busy and stressed at work lately. I've picked up 3 board games recently to help cope. Retail therapy for the win!

7 days ago

Dang!! I cope in a similar way...what other games did y'all get??

Supporter7 days ago

I might reveal this answer over time!

6 days ago

Keepin us on the edge of our seats! Looking forward to it and your review or Nemo's War!

7 days ago

Solo or multi? It's been on my solo wishlist for a while as it's considered one of the best solo games out there. Ian O'Toole created something beautiful with this 2e.

Supporter7 days ago

Solo of course. Don't really think it would be a very good multiplayer experience. 

Supporter8 days ago

Not as many multiplayer plays this week as I was away for a few days but I got a new game which I am really enjoying solo!

• #Tawantinsuyu: The Inca Empire (Tabletopia, Multiplayer): First play of this game.  Wow, there is a lot going on!  I am not sure where it sits in the "T" games ratings wise for me yet but it definitely warrants another play.  I think there are some definitely subtle synergies we all missed playing it.
  • #Maracaibo (Physical, Solo) x4: Yup, this is a new game that arrived last week.  4 solo plays already is a lot for me!  I like the solo mode, and discovered some easy to implement rules to do multiple solo players but it's the story mode aspect of the game which is intruiging me.  Sure, the story isn't spectacular but having those objectives and the changing map and deck between games really keeps it fresh.  I'm hoping to get some online play with my buddiies in the coming week!

Supporter7 days ago

I have Maracaibo waiting to hit my solo table too! I've  done all the learning for it and just need to get started. 

Supporter7 days ago

I guess this was another part of your "retail therapy?" LOL

Supporter7 days ago

I quite enjoy it!  (Obviously.) I found the solo mode took a couple of games to get everything down. The rule book is pretty good but a couple of aspects were a bit weak. (Or maybe my reading comprehension was weak!)

The difficulty seems pretty spot on. Easy was easy. Medium was a challenge for me. Hard will probably kick my butt when I try it!

8 days ago

Are you plannng on doing a write up of #Maracaibo's solo mode? I'd be interested to hear more about it!

Supporter7 days ago

I could try. I’ve never really done one before but I should have some time later this week. 

7 days ago

No pressure!

Supporter6 days ago

It's a good little challenge.  I always think I could do it but would be interesting to give it a try.  

8 days ago

• #Pax Pamir (Second Edition) - two games of this as mentioned in my first impressions post!
  • #Too Many Bones - 3-player game against the Tyrrant Mulmesh, we were getting our tushes handed to us but somehow squeaked out a victory!

8 days ago

• #Fort @ 2p - played this on Tabletop Simulator. We were supposed to have a third but he had to work late. I enjoyed it! I don't know if it's love at first sight, but I'm looking forward to getting another play in. We both took the strategy of rushing to Fort level 5 - he got there 1 turn before I did and beat me by 1 point!
  • #Res Arcana @ 4p - we had a double date with some friends and introduced them to this one. This game plays pretty well at 4 players, and I think if we played again, it would play very quickly. Turns are so fast. My wife should have won but she neglected to use her "Check victory now" ability on her Place of Power, so someone else was able to pass her up and get 11 points.
  • #War Chest @ 2p - my wife shocked me out of the blue and said "Do you want to teach me War Chest today?" Of course I said YES because it's one of my favorites! She thought it was...okay. It's just not her style of game. Her favorite games are definitely the ones with little to no interaction, and definitely without negative player interaction. She's said she doesn't like having to worry about what I'm doing, she just wants to worry about her own thing.
  • #Love Letter (2019 Edition) - we picked this up on a whim at Target. I wanted to give it a try just to see how it plays. I'm aware that it's much better at 3+ than it is at 2, but this is a neat little game. I look forward to trying this with family some time.

Supporter7 days ago

Your wife consistently sounds awesome. 

7 days ago

She is :)

Supporter8 days ago

Good set of games!  Love Letter 2019 is one of my favourites.  At 2 definitely not optimal so I think you'll really enjoy it at 4+. :)

8 days ago

Yeah I knew it wouldn't be great at 2, I just wanted to get a feel for how it played so that I could convince other people to play it haha. Hopefully we can have a good game of it soon!

Supporter7 days ago

I played the original and 2019 versions many time on work lunch breaks. Such a fun game for gamers and non-gamers.  Even got my wife and some friends to try it the other day as well!

7 days ago

oo lunch break would be fun too. I'll have to bring it in once we're all back in the office!