This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

What did you play this week? (11/9/2020)

(11/9/2020) This is an automated weekly post to talk about the games you played last week.

LoveLike| 163 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

2 months ago

Had a nice week, my wife was gone all weekend so I was able to get some good solo games in, but also had a friend over!

• #Race for the Galaxy - 3-player: This game is really nice. I am really getting into a grove on this one. First time at 3-player and it made it harder to keep track of what people are doing and I enjoyed it!
  • #Concordia - 3-player: The more I play this, the more I enjoy it! I have played it mostly digitally to this point, but I much prefer it in person. There is a lot of tension since you do not see the score until the end and I love it. Quick turns and a dynamic decision space is great!
  • #Pax Pamir (Second Edition) - Solo: This was probably one of the weirder more agressive games of this I have played. I won on the second Dominance Check because I kept the blocks in check and made sure I was leading in disks. Very dynamic!
  • #Barrage - 2-player: I did a full review and first impressions article here if you want to see more on this!
  • #Too Many Bones - Solo: My love for this game continues to grow. There is alot of content in the core set but I keep craving more and more content. This time around I played as Boomer against the Tyrant Drellen. It was a challenge because Boomer does not heal herself really at all and Drellen deals a lot of Poison Damage. I made the mistake of letting him get close and I needed to run more on this and lost by one health....Still had a blast!

2 months ago

Wow, there's a lot of people talking about Pax Pamir

2 months ago

The Kickstarter just fulfilled so it is fresh in a lot of our minds! Plus it has been recently been in the news with some awards. 

2 months ago

Oh I didn't know the Kickstarter was fulfilled, that's good to hear

2 months ago

Ya! I got my copy probably mid-October and it has been a treat to play!

2 months ago

pumped I got to jump into some of the fun with you bro!

2 months ago

Always a pleasure gaming with you!!

Owner2 months ago

That's an awesome lineup right there! TMB may be within 2 months' grasp. Sooooon..

2 months ago

Heck yes!! Are you just aiming to get the Core Set?

Supporter2 months ago

I think that #Pax Pamir (Second Edition) has a lot of potential to have a lot of weird games.

2 months ago

Oh FOR SURE. there is a lot of randomness with the AI, You can kinda judge a little more with a real human player but Wakhan is more random. 

Supporter2 months ago

But, it is so so fun.

2 months ago

I completely agree! I have a great time trying to get out of sticky situations!

Supporter2 months ago

And, does it ever know how to get me into sticky situations.....

2 months ago

Lol the last game I played I was the British and she just kept pounding the Russian blocks. She had AT LEAST a 7 block lead with the Russians. My next turn I plopped out 5 British blocks negating the dominance and scored the dominance check the next turn to score on disks. I felt GREAT lol. 

Supporter2 months ago

That sounds like her. 

Premium User2 months ago

Awesome week !!  #Concordia of course as others have pointed out is such a great game and one I'll have to break out again real soon. And then that huge #Barrage box that's just begging to be played hanging out on my table. I'm going to try to get a solo play of that in pretty soon!

2 months ago

Seriously Concordia is real nice!

Do some research on the solo AI, it will expedite the process for sure!

Premium User2 months ago

I just watched a video on how to play Barrage and it's all set up on my kitchen table. Have to watch a solo explanation before I really get started. I'm kind of surprised with how simple it sounds. Of course I'm sure I'll screw something up haha

2 months ago

Oh totally, I tried to communicate that the mechanics are straight forward, and it is just some of the new concepts that are harder to grasp! Once you get into it, it is very intuitive. 

2 months ago

Wow, great week! It's been too long since I played Concordia. Need to get that one played again!

2 months ago

It really is nice! Really Easy to teach and nice decisions but not too overhwleming!

Premium User2 months ago

Good games!  Concordia is one of my favourites of all time and Race is fast becoming a go to for a quicker game.

2 months ago

I think my group is coming around more on Concordia, so that is neat! Race is definitely fun, once you get over the icon barrier it is a fun one. 

Premium User2 months ago

I don't know if my group overall is in love with it but I drag them in to playing it now and then.  Especially has I have a bunch of maps for it.

I'm with you on the icon barrier but yeah, once you are over that it's a lot of fun.  Tabletopia has a version with all of the expansions too.

2 months ago

I definitely would not say it is love with my group but it is much more enjoyment now!

The Nights Around a Table video helps sooooo much and being able to play slower at first made the game more approachable. 

Premium User2 months ago

Glad you enjoy Concorida more.  I know that I definitely love the game myself. :)

2 months ago

It is really clean! Do you also have the Salsa expansion?

Premium User2 months ago

I have Salsa, Venus, and almost all of the maps except for the one that came with the "base game" version of Venus.