This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

What are your most anticipated games for 2021?

I have been thinking about this next year and how I have not heard much about games that will be released in 2021!

I have a couple games on my radar for this next year like #Hallertau #Burncycle and #Hoplomachus: Victorum on kickstarter but I wanted to see what y'all are looking forward to!

LikeLove| 111 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter2 months ago

Honestly I haven't really even played all the games I wanted to from years past. Plus a lot of the "hot" games for 2021 will be Kickstarter games which means I'll never see them. 

2 months ago

I feel that. I still feel like there are games that were released like 20 years ago I still need to experience! The Classics!

58 days ago

I'm pretty allergic to Kickstarter games. They can too easily lead to disappointment. So expensive too

58 days ago

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way.

58 days ago

I typically agree with you, I only support a KS if I know it will fulfill and if it will be a solid game from a reputable developer. 

59 days ago

#Philosophia: Floating World is another game release tha I'm looking forward to.

2 months ago

This is one that's barely been mentioned at all because it hasn't been put on Kickstarter yet, but #Monster Hunter: World has the potential to be really cool in my opinion. Monster Hunter is my favorite video game franchise of all time so I'm sure I'll at least like the board game. I'll be keeping my eye out for this one in 2021.

2 months ago

I dont think I knew you loved Monster hunter! I recently gave MH: World a shot on PS4 and was not super blown away...

2 months ago

Yep I've played every game in the series except the Japanese exclusives! It's the one franchise that I'm borderline obsessed with (except Souls, I'm all about that too). At its core it's just a loot grind, so I understand for those who don't like it. There's a large learning curve at the beginning too but it's worth it IMO. 

2 months ago

It is a very big loot grind. I think my problem is that I am really used to From Software combat systems so I was kind of underwhelmed with MH World combat. I should probably give it more time but it has not hooked me. 

2 months ago

The combat is definitely different than From Software games but I'd say it has the potential to get really deep with all the different weapon combos.

2 months ago

I can for sure see that there is depth there, I think it is an issue of expectations for me at this point. I will give it some more time!

2 months ago

I haven't backed it, but I'm looking forward to playing #Oath: Chronicles of Empire and Exile. Hopefully, someone else around here backs it so I can free-ride. :) I probably won't be able to resist a #John Company Kickstarter, so if it happens in 2021, that goes on the list.

Other than that, I'm hoping for another #Wingspan expansion, since I'm skipping the Oceania one. #Shards of Infinity: Into the Horizon is coming in 2021, and I'll be picking that up as long as it's a "normal" expansion. And more #Dominion: Second Edition is always good!

58 days ago

Any particular reason why you are skipping #Wingspan: Oceania Expansion ?  I skipped the #Wingspan: European Expansion and was figuring I'd pick up Oceania.

58 days ago

I'm not a fan of nectar as a wild resource that also gives bonus points for using it. And I'm not going to store two sets of player boards, either.

The more set-specific mechanics they come out with, the more the game becomes like #Ascension: Deckbuilding Game, where you can't combine everything together without diluting the cardpool. I already have games like that and don't need Wingspan to be another one. :)

58 days ago

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not a fan of the double player boards, but I thought the wild resource would provide some interesting choices.  I passed on Europe because it looked, primarily like a "more of the same" expansion. The nectar looks like it would expand the decision space a little bit more.

58 days ago

IMO, the Oceania expansion looks like a more full-fledged expansion compared to the European one. I think it could actually shake up the strategy, which in my eyes the European one doesn't really do.

57 days ago

Looks like we are seeing eye to eye on this.

2 months ago

I have a guy in my group who backed Oath so I am excited about that! JC2E is definitely getting some traction around here!

I feel like they will never stop producing Dominion content lol. 

58 days ago

I've seen good things about #Shards of Infinity: Deckbuilding Game. What does #Shards of Infinity: Into the Horizon add? Or is it a standalone game?

58 days ago

Sounds like just an expansion:

"Two new gameplay mechanisms are featured in this set: Destinies and the evil Ingeminex. Destinies allow players to spend valuable Mastery to gain an incredible advantage during gameplay. The Ingeminex are a new source of tension that seek to harm all players, but can be defeated with a well-timed use of power."

58 days ago

Cool, thanks. What do you like about Shards?

57 days ago

It's basically a take on the #Star Realms formula - deckbuilding with a kill-the-other-guy win condition. It adds a couple of nice wrinkles - the alternate win condition via mastery, and the ability to play cards from the lineup for a one-time effect without adding them to your deck.

Of course, Star Realms is itself an offshoot of #Ascension: Deckbuilding Game, which is designed by the same guy who designed Shards! And I own all of them because I have a deckbuilder sickness. :D

57 days ago

Cool, sounds great! I do enjoy Star Realms, so I'll have to check this out. Added it to a Christmas list so we'll see what happens :)

Premium User2 months ago

Other than a couple of kickstarter games coming in (Kabuto Sumo, #For Sale & Gladius ) I'm just excited to start gaming with friends again.

2 months ago

Amen, Nothing like gaming in person!

Owner2 months ago

I'm not sure if it'll be in time for 2021, but Leder Games will be coming with an expansion for Root that will enchance 2 player gameplay. YESSSS

2 months ago

I just saw that article you posted! Seems like it adds a much neede element to the game! 

2 months ago

The second edition of #Carnival Zombie. It's a tower defense-ish game where you go explore around a sinking city and defend against waves of zombies and creepy bosses with flamethrowers and machine guns, and there's Davinci inventions you can use like a revolving cannon tank. Looks like it'll be my favorite game if I get my hands on it. I don't want to risk losing my money so I haven't backed it on Kickstarter, but I really want the Kickstarter exclusives so I'm going to try to back it as late as I can.