What games are you looking forward to in 2020?

Supporter
Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter11 months ago

I’m looking forward to everything. I’m just excited to be in board gaming and will take whatever comes my way. 

Supporter11 months ago

Great attitude. I think we are all glad to be in this together. 

Supporter11 months ago

Yeah, I'm sure I will get some in and I'm always just glad to get to play.

Supporter11 months ago

Oh I also forgot that I think I'm going to up my pledge for Time of Legends: Destinies.  It looks like an awesome game that I could play solo.  I used to love RPG's on Playstation and this looks like it's going to really scratch and itch for me.  Anyone else interested in it?

11 months ago

In some ways it is hard to say because games come out every year I wasn't anticipating and I would have looked forward to them if I knew more.  An example might be Paladins of the West Kingdom that came out this year and since I had never played a West Kingdom game I didn't blink much of an eye when it came out.  But the art was nice and I love worker placement games and so around October I came to "look forward to it"...lol.  

That being said, I backed Tiny Epic Dinosaurs and look forward to playing that when it arrives in the June ballpark.  I am planning to back Frosthaven when it hits Kickstarter in March. My Gloomhaven friend and I have nearly finished Gloomhaven.  I'll keep my eye peeled for Jaws of the Lion as I think I might be able to get my family to play that when it releases.

Spirecrest is an expansion I am looking forward to examining with Everdell and even though the expansions are not meant to be played together (they are more like modules) I am looking forward to seeing if I can house rule an option for playing Everdell with both Spirecrest and Pearlbrook simultaneously.

I think it came out this year but hope to get my hands on the Heaven and Ale expansion.  Heaven and Ale is one of my favorite games and while I don't think it needs an expansion the playthrough I watched looked intriguing.

Supporter11 months ago

Sounds like you like gloomhaven. Are you looking forward to Jaws of the Lion more to get your family into it, or more because of the new characters? 

11 months ago

A little of both. I'll play it solo just to try the new characters or with my buddy but I'd really like to get me family to play together.

Supporter11 months ago

Sounds like a win win 

Supporter11 months ago

I'm definitely most excited about Oath from Leder Games. 

Several others I'm curious about:

Supporter11 months ago

Yes!  I've never anticipated a Kickstarter Launch before.  I can't wait to hear all the details on Oath.

Supporter11 months ago

I also have never anticipated a launch. I don't know if I'll back it or not but I am definitely looking forward to it. 

11 months ago

Tiny Epic Tactics, because I won't see it until the new year haha

Another is So, You've Been Eaten. Looking forward to that big time. And the next in the Solo Serious from Renegade Game Studios, this time designed by Scott Almes (just like You've Been Eaten). Both pretty small games, but I love the themes, concepts, and Scott Almes is pretty good at what he does.

Supporter11 months ago

With you and couple others mentioning Tiny Epic series so often, I gotta try it one day.

11 months ago

Welp, if you do, TE Galaxies is my favorite (even without the expansion). Quest is like Legend of Zelda (Link to the Past) and Mechs is a very fun area control/action programming. I brought them all on our trip, because they're small and awesome.

Supporter11 months ago

Have you played ultra tiny epic? 

11 months ago

I haven’t, although I heard they play just the same as the larger versions. 

Supporter11 months ago

Not heard about the solo serious. I'll have to look into it. 

11 months ago

The first in the series came out earlier this year, called Proving Grounds by Kane Klenko. It's a really fun game, but also really neat because it included a novelette that leads up to the actual gameplay. They plan on doing some storytelling elements like that for all the games in the series, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with!

Supporter11 months ago

I've heard, not played, proving grounds. But, I don't remember hearing that it das part of a series. 

Will Klenko be involved in all of them? 

11 months ago

Klenko did the first one and Scott Almes is doing the second. Not sure if they're finding a variety of designers or will be bouncing between a few for them.

Supporter11 months ago

Sounds cool. 

Supporter11 months ago

As a hockey player I can't wait to get my copy of Trick Shot.  Also, it looks like I won't get Root: The Underworld Expansion until 2020. 

11 months ago

You'll have to let me know how it plays. I would have loved to have backed it. In other news, we're hoping to hit up an NHL game while we're up in Canada. :) 

Supporter11 months ago

Will do!  And nice (and keep in mind that since hockey is my favorite sport this is a big deal haha), but where in Canada and who is your team.  (I’ll try not to judge you ;)

11 months ago

Hockey is a favorite, although rugby has a firm grip of my heart. My team is Calgary Flames, and like I say every year, "Next year is our year!" haha

Supporter11 months ago

Phew!  As long as it's not Toronto or especially Montreal you're cool, haha.

11 months ago

I wouldn't dream of ever being a fan of one of those haha

Supporter11 months ago

As a Bruins fan I have a deep seated hatred for Montreal.  Toronto is more a generational thing (Leafs are good right now and we play them in the playoffs all the time, Canadiens aren't so good.)

Supporter11 months ago

I hope that "next year" doesn't go up in flames. And, yes I have a son, so I can make lame punny dad jokes. 

Supporter11 months ago

How do you know when you've heard a good dad joke?