BenjaminK

303 Squadron on Kickstarter

Crowdfunding

I love movies and games and everything involving aerial combat, especially if it's related to WWII. That's why I'm pretty excited about 202 Squadron that just launched on Kickstarter. I doubt I'll back it, simply because I don't have the excess funds, but I'm looking forward to seeing this fund. Hopefully it does, in which case I may be able to get it later on.

Anyone else been following this game's production or campaign? Thoughts?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hobbity/303-squadron-board-game/

1 point by BenjaminK - updated 3 months ago | 5 comments | report | subscribe

JamesReid860 Supporter3 months ago | 1 point[-]

I hadn't seen it but will check it out!

Skurvy5 Supporter3 months ago | 1 point[-]

This looks really cool. The Battle of Britain is a fascinating setting. 

It’s too bad all of these games are always on Kickstarter. 

BenjaminK 3 months ago | 1 point[-]

It really is fascinating. I want some big-name publisher to pick this up so it can go straight to retail haha

Marshwiggle92 Supporter3 months ago | 1 point[-]

I've seen it. Looks interesting. I have some thoughts. 

1. If it lives up to promise than it is pretty cheap at $79.
  2. It always troubling to see someone start a project with no Kickstarter experience. It, from my observation, makes it much more likely that there will be problems in production, or fulfillment, or..... 
  3. I love the idea and art. 
  4. I hope they can make the goal, but 70k is a lot of ask. It they need to make up a lot of steam if they are wanting it to fund. 
  5. Personally, I don't enjoy actually playing real historical characters that lived as recently as these heroes. That is a "personal taste" thing and not a knock against the game. But, that is a observation.

I really do hope it funds. 

BenjaminK 3 months ago | 1 point[-]

Cheap at $79, but tack on $25 for shipping and it gets pricy. I've noticed the same things: no former KS experience, 70K is a lot for a no-name company, and a relative lack of audience prior to launch.

I love historic war games with historic people, so I guess we differ there :) B-17 Flying Fortress Leader by DVG uses real-life characters and I'm very much down with it.

I want them to fund, but my feeling is they'll cancel and relaunch later.

Linked Topic