This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

What did you play this week? (12/14/2020)

(12/14/2020) This is an automated weekly post to talk about the games you played last week.

Victory PointChristmas LikeLike| 143 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Premium User33 days ago

By far my most successful week of plays thanks largely in part to my birthday!

On Tuesday, myself and played back to back games of #Teotihuacan: City of Gods on BGA. I crushed him by an embarrassing margin in the second game..Kinda feel bad about it. He seems to have learned his lesson so far ;P

Also played a game of #Targi against on BGA. Was my first time playing and I think I'd really like to pick it up despite knowing Sarah would find it too mean lol.

Ended the night playing #Mystic Vale with my newly acquired #Mystic Vale: Vale of the Wild Expansion. Sarah squeaked out a close one point win (I'd get her back later in the week, don't worry lol)

And that was just Tuesday! Wednesday being my actual birthday brought me #Sonora. I picked this one up Cyber Monday. It was an interesting game as Sarah and I tied in all areas except one..where she totally blew me out of the water.

Thursday, myself and wrapped up another game of #Teotihuacan: City of Gods on BGA. She was slightly more competitive than but I still won. Probably too much use of her calculator....

Speaking of and , they both got their revenge in #Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar, which we wrapped up on Friday. I lost so bad, I refused to play again LOL

I also got in a game of #Fantastic Factories solo, which I posted about here. I got destroyed by "The Machine" on easy, which honestly probably doesn't surprise who was nice enough to gift me the game.

But that's not it?! Nope! Saturday we officially celebrated my birthday and an early Christmas with my grandpa, parents, brother, and sister in law. We played #For Sale and #Sagrada before finishing off the night with back to back games of #Poetry For Neanderthals. Could not recommend that game more! So glad brought it into my life :D

Sunday! Finally! We played #Concordia as planned and I got my one point win back in a nailbiter. Speaking of nailbiters, we used the results of my previous poll to play #Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion. We played scenario 4 and bareeellly snuck out a win. I had to use all my turns (after Sarah's Red Guard was exhausted) to finally kill the last Stone Golem....we may have cheated..slightly...

All in all a GREAT week that will likely not be replicated anytime soon anyway!

32 days ago

Actually I figure you win at games when you're not playing against me ;)

Premium User32 days ago

Nope I'm pretty good at just losing games. Giveaways are another story apparently 

32 days ago

What about teotihuacan

Premium User32 days ago

Eh they were rusty and/or new to the game. I'm sure they'll beat me next time around 

32 days ago

Maybe let's play a co-op 😏

Premium User32 days ago

I'd drag the team down for sure...gotta give me some super easy spirit in #Spirit Island

32 days ago

Don't be so hard on yourself man

32 days ago

WOW I feel personally attacked! Those games of Teo were my first ever and I had not watched any video on the game for probably a year so I was rusty...but then I read your indictment on yourself with Tzolkin and I felt better lol. 

Premium User32 days ago

Hahaha glad I redeemed myself 

32 days ago

Congrats on that week! impressive! Happy Birthday!

Premium User32 days ago

Thank you!!

Supporter32 days ago

That is an amazing week. Sounds like you had a good brithday.

Premium User32 days ago

Oh for sure! Definitely got spoiled :)

Supporter32 days ago

nothing wrong with that.

Premium User32 days ago

Glad you know it too haha

33 days ago

An amazing week of games! Glad I could add one to your list. 

Premium User33 days ago

Yes indeed! And I think this is one the better half approves of which makes it all the better :)

32 days ago

Also just realized we had the EXACT same game night lol. Your Sunday and my Tuesday. How wild...What character are you playing as in Gloomhaven?

Premium User32 days ago

Yes indeed! You just had an extra player lol.

I'm playing as the Demolitionist who I've named "The Demo God" lol

31 days ago

HAHAHA that is awesome. I am playing as Hatchet, name Ludwig in honor of Bloodbourne!

Premium User31 days ago

Haha that's a good one too. Did you guys struggle with scenario 4 too or did you handle it a little better? Part of our problem was Sarah's goal was to end the scenario with 3 or less health so she kept intentionally doing stuff to get herself hit.

31 days ago

Similar spot as you. We had one guy left facing off against the stone golem and finally pulled it out at the end! I used some of my bigger one shot cards too early in the scenario. 

Premium User31 days ago

Same! I lost a card trying to hit all three enemies at once on a turn. Would have been real useful later on. But hey we both won so yay us!

31 days ago

You just did dnot think about how many more enemeies would come out! Those crystals are brutal!

Premium User30 days ago

Oh for sure. And at 2 it's even less so I can't imagine how it must feel at 3. Sarah wasn't trying to hit the crystals at first and I'm like can you please attack them we're gonna lose lol

30 days ago

Lol I feel that, the hardest part for us was the most powerful attacks we had are all ranged and you cannot hit he crystals with range! I needed to do the same thing with our demolitionist "Hit the dang crystals!!"