2019 Board game resolutions

Supporter

Did anyone have any board game resolutions for 2019? How did it go?

Like| 21 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter11 months ago

Mine was to not buy new games, excluding expansions. How naive i was. But I did get fewer games than usual, and i pared down my collection a good bit.

Supporter11 months ago

Oh boy that is a tough one! Still the resolution seemed to work... less games and a smaller, more enjoyed collection is a great result. (for the record, i'm happy to take games off your hand that you want to pare off... just throwing that out there). :-) 

Supporter11 months ago

I like to think I stayed true to the spirit of the resolution :) and once they get the BGA store going I’ll put up what I’m trying to get rid of

11 months ago

No resolutions for 2019, and none for 2020. I did do a 10x10 one year, but only finished it because I'm stubborn. We found it restricts the games we want to play. I mean, we did want to play those games at the beginning of the year, but obviously as the year goes on we want to try new things. :) 

Supporter11 months ago

Definitely! I usually don't but I'm considering doing a 10x10 either for just games I want to play two player with my wife or for games I want to focus on this year. Not to get stuck on the number but to give direction to some of my plays. 

Supporter11 months ago

No I didn’t have any resolutions for last year. I don’t typically make resolutions. 

Supporter11 months ago

Yep same here

Supporter11 months ago

I haven't decided yet, but I am thinking about doing a 10x10.

Supporter11 months ago

For 2020? What would be some of the games on your list?

Supporter11 months ago

Sorry, I misread. I was thinking for the coming year. No, I didn't have any for 2019.

Supporter11 months ago

Haven't decided if I'll do it yet or not, so I haven't decided on the games. 

I am sure that Agricola Revised EditionRace for the GalaxyDominion, and Lost Cities would all make it on the list. I don't know what all else, but there are a number of games that would be likely to make it on. 

Supporter11 months ago

No worries. I'm thinking I might do one this year for just the games I want to get plays in two player with my wife. 

Owner11 months ago

Starting March, mine was to play as many different games as possible. I hit around 25 different games so it wasn't too many. For next year I'd like to double that by getting some plays on apps or maybe even considering Tabletop Simulator.

Supporter11 months ago

I think 25 is great.  I probably only played about 10 different games during 2019.  But I tried to get most of them to table more than once.

Supporter11 months ago

25 is not too bad though. A couple new games each month. 50 new ones is an impressive number!

Supporter11 months ago

Do digital plays count? ::checks book:: Mine says they don’t. 

Owner11 months ago

Hahahah well my main reason for wanting to that is pretty simple--trying out a lot of the "classics" that I know fpr sure will be tough to get out for our group :)

Supporter11 months ago

I will say mine is to complete my IA App/Solo campaign @skurvy5

Supporter11 months ago

Yes! Do it!

Supporter11 months ago

Dew it!

Supporter11 months ago

I didn’t have any resolutions but I’m looking forward to what everyone else has done!