Feedback Friday! (2019-11-01)

Supporter
BGA

All feedback welcome :)

Got praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content creation, etc? Let us know here.

Also, what are your thoughts on the new "topics" feature? Like? Dislike? Meh? Intuitive to use?

Like| 14 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter13 months ago

Y'all have been doing an excellent job at listening to the community and working to improve the site. 

I like the new topics. I forsee them continuing to improve as they're are more contributers and posts. They are fairly intuitive, although the process for posting something in a topic could be a little easier. When I am in the main forum page and go to add a post the process to link the topic is not great. At the moment I believe I have to know the name of the topic to link it. Or, if course, I could go to the topic page and post from there. I may be doing something wrong, but I would like to see a pop up menu of topics when I want to link a topic from the main page. 

I've also wondered about maybe restructuring the topics a little bit. You could have a main list of topics that is locked in. Then, under that, allow users to create subtopics. For instance, you could have a topic for solo gaming. Under that the users could create topics for: user created solo varients, 1 person only games, upcoming solo game news, deals, rules questions, war games.... Maybe that is a idea that nobody else would like, and I don't think we need it right now. But, if this community grows, like we wish it would, it might be helpful in the future rather than having a list of 157 topics to scroll through.

I think I saw somebody suggesting the ability to subscribe to certain topics, or, if we had subtopics, the ability to subscribe to those. I really do like that idea.

Supporter13 months ago

I've also had very similar thoughts and ideas. Currently, I'd personally want to see either subtopics or the ability to lookup topics from the search bar (one difficulty I can see with a search function is that the title of a topic may not always be intuitive since it's up to the creator's decision).

For now, I'd just love to have a subscribe/follow feature for a topic.

13 months ago

I am still in favour of regional topics. For organizing games, news about cons and events, etc. 

Supporter13 months ago

I know I posted some Feedback ideas.  But I also want to say, I've loved becoming a part of this community and thank you for all the hard work and always listening to our ideas.  Keep it up!

Supporter13 months ago

Thanks Scott! Trent and I have both been really enjoying ourselves lately in the forums due to everyone here. It's great to have fresh ideas that aren't just from the two of us xD

Supporter13 months ago

I've liked the topics feature. Just trying to figure out some good topics lol!

13 months ago

While the page width is much easier to read than bgg, the nesting gets a bit hard to read. 

Supporter13 months ago

Nesting as in how all of the posts appear on the forum? Or the comment thread?

13 months ago

The indenting that's used on this page. 

Supporter13 months ago

Ahh gotcha. Just out of curiosity, do you use reddit much? I think Trent is going off of their style but with a slight tweak. If you find their layout a little easier to read, then it might be worth us taking a look at what could be changed a bit.

13 months ago

Yeah, I do and I've had the same issue there on some clients, if I recall. 

I prefer single indent with a roman numeral indicating the depth of the indent. 

Supporter13 months ago

I like that idea. 

Supporter13 months ago

Actually my first time hearing that type of format so I should check it out for an example haha. If readability is a common problem among everyone, then we could certainly come up with some fixes in the future

13 months ago

It's mostly used in text documents, that's where I'm familiar with it from, rather than web sites. But it has the advantage of not taking up much space. 

Linked Topic