For me Aesthetics is a huge part of gaming, and there is something that is so satifying when a game gets it just right. For me the following are my top games that really bring everything together.
5. #Star Wars Imperial Assault - One of the few games that I actually prefer minis for, the changing landscape and the character cards add a lot of Star Wars theme to the table. I love the ability and weapons cards as well. We also usually have a lot of fun playing Star Wars soundtracks while we play.
4. #Western Legends - I love the Wild West as a theme and on the table this game doesn't dissapoint. The board it great and the poker cards (which drive most of the game), are top notch qaulity. While the General Story is a bit flimsy you don't touch it too much so it does still look really cool with the theme. I also love seeing a lot of players and NPC's on the board.
3. #Viticulture: Essential Edition - I love the art and meeples (especially the rooster) in this game. It looks so great on the table and makes me feel like I've escaped to Italy for a couple of hours. It also caused my gaming group to have a wine night when playing (and I never drink wine.).
2. #Clans of Caledonia - Such a solid game on the table. The components feel and look so nice, and the simplistic map looks great (esepecially when it starts filling up with pieces). The market board with the glass tokens looks so nice, the export board looks so nice, the player board are awesome, the clan pieces are perfect, and the player aids are small, simple, and high quality. Really everything is the game is great.
1. #Root - Duh! I'm sure anyone here who has seen me post is not surprised to see this at 1. The art fits the theme so well. The cards feel so nice to hold and play with. The boards are awesome, especially when the fill up with those awesome screen printed minis. The player boards are top quality. I really feel like I'm diving into the Root Woodland when I play this game.
What about you?