Got praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content creation, etc? Let us know here.
The question I want to throw out for this week is: Whether big or small, what are some changes you'd like to see that will enhance the user experience? Here's mine:
- When in dark mode, there are several visual issues with copy pasting in the comment/post description section. Backspacing on the beginning of a line that has something pasting in gets highlighted in white. Sometimes, I've seen text coming in black. I can't think of all of the different combinations at the moment that makes it bug out, but I made a long forum post recently and it was just filled with scattered portions of text coming in highlighted, in black font, etc. Again nothing big, but it dampens the user experience.
- Another complaint related to dark mode--there are buttons that essentially disappear/impossible to see because the button color blends in with the background (e.g. the button that you can click on to bring in the option to add the game to one of your lists).
- After the font color switch, there are some areas where the text doesn't get highlighted when you hover over it (e.g. the "topics" and the flairs area on the left of the forum)
- I would've complained about the doubling up of notifications that occur (e.g. when you receive a reply to your comment in a forum post that you're subscribed to AND that person has @'d you) but I believe Trent already resolved this issue so that we don't bombard Jamey with a bunch of notifications.
- I use the article post feature quite often, and it can get really REALLY buggy for inserted images and captions, where clicking on an inserted image will sometimes make it jump around to different spots in the page or make it disappear--have you run into these issues yet @indigopotter?
- In the "List" page, you can see the preview of a game that you're trying to add to one of your lists (owned, wishlist, etc). The preview image comes in way too big.
- This is more of a wish/question for everyone--I wish we had a more "practical" set of game recommendations based on certain parameters instead of just the "Mechanics" options on the top bar. To explain what I mean--when I go around the different communities, the same questions tend to get thrown around when people are looking for recommendations. Not that it's a bad thing, and I actually enjoy seeing people's recommendations and their personal take/experience with those games, but I'd personally like to see something along the lines of "Date Night," "College Party," "Office Lunch Time with Co-Workers," etc. Of course, setting the parameters for these types of topics would require a lot of generalization, but I feel like it would be more fun to go through the games that come up. Maybe it'd be more appropriate to create a forum topic for each of these? I honestly don't know, but just sharing my own experience where I feel like I'm visiting our game pages way less often these days.
Oh and as a reminder, the current giveaway round is ending on Monday the 16th!