Board Games On Your Radar and Purchasing Habits
Several weeks ago I shared that I got #Atlantis Rising (second edition), #Clans of Caledonia, and #Architects of the West Kingdom. And I have to say, I'm pretty satisfied with the the bulk purchase and will be doing this more often moving forward because I'm enjoying the variety and getting lots of store credit from a single source. And my next purchase will likely occur during the end of the year sales or any great "buy 2 get 1 free" deals that come along the way.
With that in mind, here are some questions I wanted to ask:
- Which games have been on your radar recently?
- What is your purchasing habit like? Do you tend to wait for sales to buy multiple games or do you usually buy them individually as long as the price is somewhat reasonable? Do you typically find that it is better to wait? Or that getting the experience earlier is better?
Here are my answers:
Games on my radar (currently) - this list tends to change a lot depending what everyone's talking about in the forums. Also, it's interesting to note they're all card-based games. Hmmmm...
- I don't mind waiting if it'll mean big cost savings.
- I also don't mind losing out on cost savings if the game is well worth the experience. For example, I'd get #Camel Up (second edition) if I catch any wind of a reprint because I feel like my family will love it.
- On the other hand, I can wait on the three games mentioned above because all of my recently acquired games have a lot of replay value (they all have variable player powers). I want to make sure to get at least 5 plays in on any of the games I own until I buy more.