My Top 5 Games That My Wife Doesn't Really Like
Let me preface this by saying that I am very blessed to have a wife who enjoys playing games with me. She enjoys most of the games I buy, and I do my best to buy games that she will like. That being said, they aren't all winners in that department. So, here 5 of those, in order of how much I like them.
- #Santorini - this is one of my favorite games overall (probably top 5). So far she hasn't enjoyed it. I don't think she likes abstract strategy (more on that further down). There may be hope, though, as she has agreed to give this another shot.
- #The Fox in the Forest - I don't think she likes trick-taking games. Either that, or they just haven't "clicked" with her yet. Anyway, to me, this is a nice little game with good decisions and some nice tension, but not too much tension.
- #Hive Pocket - abstract strategy. This is a great little game. She's said she'd play it with me on trips, since it's such a good travel game. We'll see.
- #Lost Cities - feels too mathy and abstracted to her. I also think she doesn't enjoy the tension you feel all the way through this one. I do.
- #Jixia Academy (Hanamikoji) - she HATED this one, haha. I gave it away. I enjoy this game, but I kind of get where she's coming from. Because there's so much hidden information, it's hard to actually formulate a plan that's better than guessing. You can do it, but it's not easy or apparent.
She hasn't actually played #Dune, so I'll leave it off the list, but I'm just assuming she wouldn't enjoy it, haha.