philryuh

FEEDBACK FRIDAY! (10/4/19)

BGA

This is a weekly post where you leave your suggestions and feedback for Board Game Atlas! Think feature requests, suggestions to make your experience here even better, people you'd like me to interview, etc.

Here are some updates my my end:

• Uploaded two interviews this week: (1) Justin Hillgrove, artist of Battle of the Bards and other games produced by his company Junk Spirit Games, and (2) Daniel Lieske, creator of The Wormworld Saga, an online graphic novel sensation that was also adapted into a board game (and was nominated for Kinderspiel des Jahres 2017)
  • Received permission from Roxley for Dice Throne avatars (not live yet)
  • Waiting on Alderac Entertainment Group to send me files for avatars of their games
  • Currently have five more sets of interview questions to prepare (names you may recognize are Jonathan Ying, Vincent Dutrait, and Xavier Collette)

4 points by philryuh - updated 5 days ago | 11 comments | report

nealkfrank 9 days ago | 2 points

For the log a play tool on the sight, it’s a little unclear how to utilize that. Maybe you could clarify?

sdirrane 9 days ago | 1 point

I've definitely logged like 15 plays on one date by accident.

nealkfrank 9 days ago | 1 point

I honestly haven’t even been able to figure out HOW to log a play, it’s a little unclear. 

philryuh 9 days ago | 1 point

Thanks for the feedback! You guys should seriously complain from time to time. Makes our job way easier that way to know what the needs are haha

nealkfrank 8 days ago | 1 point

I just today noticed that there was even an opportunity to log plays, so I didn’t wait long to complain ;)

philryuh 6 days ago | 1 point

Our friend Alice is looking into testing out the play log process and helping us figure out how to make it more user friendly!

sdirrane 6 days ago | 1 point

I’d love to see an App at some point

philryuh 6 days ago | 1 point

Here's the first version, which doesn't have a lot of the current features (and needs some work on the design too):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlasalpha.boardgameatlas

nealkfrank 7 days ago | 1 point

I know this site is still in its infancy, but has there been any thought in an app?

philryuh 7 days ago | 1 point

Trent worked on the first version a while back but it doesn't have all of the features and has a ways to go: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlasalpha.boardgameatlas

sdirrane 5 days ago | 1 point

Ahh, cool.  I have an iPhone.  Maybe an IOS app someday.  Still love using the site on my phone when I have to.