Game page idea: Game Attribute Ratings
So we already have the ratings for "learning complexity" and "strategic complexity", which are super helpful measurements, especially once there is a good number of ratings in the database for a game. I was thinking that it would be cool to have even more. If it makes the page harder to scan, perhaps they could hidden in a "show more ratings" type of visual.
- Recommended player count - this is on BGG already, and I use it constantly when learning about games
- Player interaction level - a scale of how much player interaction there is in the game
- Player interaction type - a scale from negative to positive interaction
- Art/aesthetics - subjective scale of how much people enjoy the art and overall aesthetics of the game. May be less relevant since most of the time you can just look at photos
- Colorblind friendliness - how easy or difficult it will be to play for someone who has trouble with colors
- Longevity - how well the game holds up to repeated plays. This could be riskier, and is also subjective. Obviously people who like the game will naturally give this a higher rating, as they are more willing to play the game again. Maybe it's not a good idea, but hey, I'm just throwing ideas out.
Those are some ideas off the top of my head. What do you all think? Would it be cool to have these kind of ratings?
Would you actually take the time to rate them?
Does Trent hate me for introducing more complexity to his game pages?
What are some other ideas for additional attribute ratings that could be included on a game's page?