Top 100 Solo Games According to 1 Player Guild

Owner

The full list of Top 200 games is here on BGG.

For convenience, I'll list the Top 100 games below. Note that if you hover over the game title, you'll have quick access to some info such as cover art, number of players, etc. You can click on the title to go to the game page. With that said, what do you think? Any surprises? Any games you're very pleased to see break the Top 100 or to see a big jump? (+ indicates jump up toward the top of the rankings, while - indicates a drop off)

100. #Paper Tales (+100)

99. #Star Wars Imperial Assault (-19)

98. #La Granja (-3)

97. #7 Wonders Duel (+251)

96. #Unbroken (+47)

95. #Pandemic: Iberia (-18)

94. #After The Virus (-16)

93. #Tiny Epic Galaxies (-21)

92. #Flash Point: Fire Rescue (-35)

91. #Nemesis (+106)

90. #Maquis (+94)

89. #Pax Pamir (Second Edition) (+15)

88. #Space Empires 4X (+8)

87. #Leaving Earth (-31)

86. #Imperial Settlers: Empires of the North (+50)

85. #Navajo Wars (+25)

84. #Ghost Stories (-21)

83. #The Isle of Cats (new)

82. #Gears Of War (-24)

81. #Star Realms (-6)

80. #Cthulhu: Death May Die (new)

79. #Burgle Bros. (-11)

78. #Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords Base Set (-16)

77. #Freedom: The Underground Railroad (+22)

76. #Agricola (-17)

75. #Elder Sign (-30)

74. #Dungeon Alliance (+14)

73. #Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) (+17)

72. #That's Pretty Clever (-18)

71. #Clans of Caledonia (-27)

70. #Coffee Roaster (+43)

69. #Glass Road (-28)

68. #Welcome to... (+2)

67. #Root (+61)

66. #Palm Island (-5)

65. #Baseball Highlights: 2045 (-16)

64. #Orchard: 9 card solitaire game (+66)

63. #Deep Space D-6 (-8)

62. #Raiders of the North Sea (+11)

61. #Hostage Negotiator (-8)

60. #Xia: Legends of a Drift System (+31)

59. #Runebound Third Edition (-7)

58. #Mansions of Madness: Second Edition (-18)

57. #Cloudspire (+7)

56. #Imperial Settlers (-14)

55. #Hoplomachus: The Lost Cities (-27)

54. #Snowdonia: Deluxe Master Set (-24)

53. #Tapestry (+23)

52. #Obsession (+41)

51. #Shadowrun: Crossfire (-13)

50. #Kingdom Death: Monster (-4)

49. #The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth (-6)

48. #Everdell (+26)

47. #Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon (new)

46. #Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game (+1)

45. #Street Masters (+22)

44. #Maracaibo (+604)

43. #Architects of the West Kingdom (+5)

42. #Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion (new)

41. #Arkham Horror (Third Edition) (-9)

40. #Fields of Arle (-5)

39. #One Deck Dungeon (-5)

38. #Sentinels of the Multiverse (-2)

37. #Space Hulk: Death Angel - The Card Game (-10)

36. #Anachrony (-13)

35. #Teotihuacan: City of Gods (+4)

34. #Paladins of the West Kingdom (+135)

33. #Cartographers: A Roll Player Tale (+116)

32. #Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game (-10)

31. #Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game (-6)

30. #Race for the Galaxy (-11)

29. #This War Of Mine: The Board Game (0)

28. #Renegade (-10)

27. #Onirim (Second Edition) (+6)

26. #Dawn of the Zeds (Third Edition) (0)

25. #Pandemic (+12)

24. #Underwater Cities (+26)

23. #Friday (-3)

22. #Eldritch Horror (-1)

21. #At the Gates of Loyang (-5)

20. #Nusfjord (+31)

19. #Roll Player (+5)

18. #Sprawlopolis (+13)

17. #Viticulture: Essential Edition (-5)

16. #The 7th Continent (-5)

15. #Nemo's War (Second Edition) (0)

14. #A Feast For Odin (0)

13. #Wingspan (+4)

12. #Gaia Project (0)

11. #Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island (-3)

10. #Too Many Bones (0)

9. #The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (0)

8. #Scythe (-3)

7. #Gloomhaven (-1)

6. #Arkham Horror: The Card Game (+1)

5. #Aeon's End (-1)

4. #Marvel Champions: The Card Game (+192)

3. #Terraforming Mars (0)

2. #Mage Knight (0)

1. #Spirit Island (0)

WowFire LikeLike| 36 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter8 months ago

I didn't really have any surprises in this list. I have been tracking the whole reveal over on BGG pretty religiously. I have played only 11 of the top 100:

1. #Spirit Island
  2. #Scythe
  3. #Pandemic
  4. #Onirim
  5. #Race for the Galaxy
  6. #Deep Space D-6
  7. #Root
  8. #Agricola
  9. #Star Realms
  10. #Navajo Wars
  11. #Pax Pamir (Second Edition)

I was interested in how many Uwe Rosenberg games there were on the list.

I, personally, was more interested in the list from 101-200. All of the games on this list are comparitively familiar to me. Either I want them, or I have already acquired it but not played it, or I have decided I am not interested in it. In the 101-200 there are a lot of games that I hadn't really considered before. And, some that I have tried, and really enjoyed.

And, I still really want #Nemo's War (Second Edition).

Owner8 months ago

True, I did find 101-200 more fascinating to look at. The top 10-20 tends to be quite predictable if you've been keeping a close watch, and sometimes seems a little oriented toward the more popular games. They're all good games, but I feel like the fact that some of these games have 10-100x more number of owners will have a big influence on the results.

Edit: Let's see who ends up getting #Nemo's War (Second Edition) first. You or me xD

Supporter8 months ago

I was very pleased to see 1862 crack the top 200. I know that put it on a lot of radars. I really think it has potential to hit the top 100. 

8 months ago

Great list, for some reason #Aeon's End has never clicked for me, not sure why I don't like it.  But I understand its ranking and know others do.  I'm not sure I can argue with this list, other than #Nemo's War (Second Edition) should be higher.  

Owner8 months ago

Okay, that makes me want to get #Nemo's War (Second Edition) even more! 

8 months ago

I'd like to try a lot of these on here at some point. I think the main limiting factor for some of them is how much time they take and how big of a learning curve they have. #Mage Knight or #The 7th Continent for example. Or if I was really feeling crazy, #Kingdom Death: Monster. I really like the IDEA of these kinds of games but I don't know if I could actually play them for long.

8 months ago

Check out the stream that Heavy Cardboard did of the first couple scenarios of Mage Knight. I thought about getting into it but that stream really turned me off of it!

Owner8 months ago

I'm with you there! I get easily overwhelmed just by the idea of learning and playing one of those games

8 months ago

I don't really know how to feel about BGG lists. There tends to be a bias towards heavier games that in a lot of cases the reviewers I trust haven't particularly enjoyed.

That said there are a few blindspots that I'm eager to correct: #Aeon's End, #Nemo's War (Second Edition) and #Sprawlopolis among others.

8 months ago

That's what I always think too. It's usually heavy games that make the tops. Nothing wrong with them, but need some lighter games too.

8 months ago

This is a great list. I’d like to search for a list that is only made up of one player games. Sometimes I play multiplayer games by myself and it makes me wish I had some others playing with me!

Owner8 months ago

That would be a handy one to have. We used to have a filter on the all games page for doing that, but looks like it got accidentally taken out at some point. But couple of games I've heard over and over again for solo only are:

8 months ago

Wow thanks for this!

I just got #Food Chain Island and I’m enjoying that the gameplay is quick enough to want to play again back to back. 

Premium User8 months ago

I am in full agreement with #Spirit Island taking the top spot on this list. Kind of surprised to see #Gloomhaven so low only due to sheer popularity. And because you asked, I'm glad to see #Teotihuacan: City of Gods make the list as I find it to have an excellent solo mode. Look at that jump from #Paladins of the West Kingdom!

Owner8 months ago

I've heard great things about the Teotibot. It's on our office shelf so I'll need to give that and #Paladins of the West Kingdom a try soon.

Premium User8 months ago

I'm not much of a solo gamer but Teotibot really stood out. Takes the place of a human player very well in my opinion

Supporter8 months ago

I love this list. It's such a treasure trove of great games. 

Owner8 months ago

Agreed! Also makes me wonder if I'll end up going with #Nemo's War (Second Edition) first or #Too Many Bones. Have you gotten to play Nemo's War yet?

8 months ago

No surprises here, except for #Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island, I keep seeing at the top of these lists but I have yet have someone say a good thing about it lol. 

Owner8 months ago

Well, placed it at his #45 game of all time at least haha. But I'm with you there, I've heard so many people repeatedly talk about how brutal it can be that I just never got too interested

8 months ago

I guess there are a lot of masochists in the world lol. 

Partner8 months ago

Thats cause its a mean game, lol :)

Supporter8 months ago

Lol. I agree with you there!

8 months ago

I dont get it! Juice does not seem worth the squeeze but I guess there is something there!

8 months ago

I finally played #Terraforming Mars solo.  I had previously played it, by myself, as a two and three handed game, just to get familiar with the mechanics and game play.  It was challenging to remember to use the blue action cards.  Playing it solo was challenging and fun, and a lot easier to keep track of those blue action cards. I didn't do too bad, I met all three goals and scored 83, but thought I wouldn't make it until about round 12. I look forward to playing this solo a lot more, and it is in fact one of the reasons I bought the game.

#Wingspan is on my Christmas wish list.

Owner8 months ago

I expected #Marvel Champions: The Card Game to make a big jump after coming out late last year, but not this much.

Great to see #Pax Pamir (Second Edition) break into the list and I'm also going to take #Cartographers: A Roll Player Tale for a spin tonight!

8 months ago

Oh nice! I would love to see your impressions of Cartographers!

Owner8 months ago

My wife's been taking a lot of pictures for us and she was curious about Cartographers. Since she needs to know a bit about the game and look at the components before diving into the photo session, looks like it's been making her want to try them out.

I guess my master plan worked out :)

8 months ago

Lolol it totally did! Love the trickery to get her to play games with you lol. 

Premium User8 months ago

TIL that #7 Wonders Duel has an official solo mode: https://print-and-play.asmodee.fun/7-wonders-duel/

Guess I know what I'm playing next time I want to solo something...