I have chosen to plug some board game media that I think everyone should check out.
Firstly, I have three podcasts.
- So Very Wrong About Games. I really enjoy this podcast, it is full of humor and sharp, biting commentary. I don't agree with all of their conclusions but, they have helped me understand what I like in games. And, furthermore, their coverage of games is such that I can usually understand whether or not I will like a game, irrespective on whether or not they do.
- Board Game Barrage. This is three friends, with differing tastes in gaming, who get together and talk about games. I really enjoy the interaction, and the dialog format is very valuable.
- I am going to recomend Solosaurus. It is a fairly young podcast, and they are a little stuffier than some of the other choices on my playlist. But they have good thoughtful commentary on single player board and card games that I, as a solo gamer, find very helpful.
Now I would like to recomend 3 blogs.
- Space Biff is hands down my favorite blogger/review. He reviews games I am interested in, but he is also a consumate writer. I highly and unreservedly recomend checking him out at https://spacebiff.com/. I read his reviews, if he has one, of every game I am interested in.
- https://meeplelikeus.co.uk/ is a blog with a focus on accesibility. I find their commentary very interesting and thought provoking.
- https://stidjenplayssolo.wordpress.com/ What can I say, I enjoy solo gameing, and this is my favorite solo gameing blog that I have found.
Finally, I want to recomend Ricky Royal's Box of delights youtube channel. His playthroughs are mostly solo, but they are the best playthroughs on the internet, at least of the ones I have found.
Anyways, I recomend all of these, aknowledging that I do disagree with some of their viewpoints. I highly encourage ya'll check them out. Shout out what you want to recomend in the comments below.