Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on October 11, 2020)

Owner

Here's the info for the next round of giveaway!

Prize: $60 gift card from a store of your choice
Starts: Monday, September 28
Ends: Sunday, October 11

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:
  • Make a post on our forum or write an article
  • Comment or reply on posts/articles
  • Add/edit info on a game page
Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions.

And as always, which game would you get if you were to win?

LoveWowLike| 56 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

53 days ago

Western Legends or Everdell would be my ultimate prize.

53 days ago

Both great games!

2 months ago

I would love to cop Everdell!

2 months ago

Excellent choice! I love Everdell.

2 months ago

My choice would still be #Cooper Island but I think has had me seriously considering #Oceans as well!

2 months ago

Haha, BGA is a dangerous source of 'oh but also this game looks cool...'

2 months ago

Absolutely! If only I had more shelve space lol

2 months ago

Woohoo!

2 months ago

Yay! I was watching a video about #Aquatica and my wife saw it and said "that seems like a game I would like," so to the top of the wishlist it went, haha. But truthfully, this has been on my watch list for a while, but with my wife showing explicit interest in the game, that takes it right to the top.

Aside from that, I'd love to pick up the #War Chest: Nobility expansion, especially considering the huge success that the 2v2 was with my friends.

2 months ago

#Aquatica  is on my short list as well...

Supporter2 months ago

That sounds awesome!

2 months ago

You've been loving #War Chest so the expansion makes total sense. I let my friend borrow my copy and it's been at least a month now and I still don't have it back lol. 

2 months ago

Lol, makes sense. Do you have the expansion? Also did you see that there's a 2nd expansion coming soon?

2 months ago

No, I don't. Actually...spoiler alert - I don't think I enjoy the game nearly as much as you seem to lol. I think it's a great game for sure but my gaming likes and dislikes are very much influenced by games my fiance enjoys and she views it as a game of chess (albeit quicker) and she hates chess lol. I'm really looking forward to when more human interaction is allowed so I can give it a shot with people in my gaming group.

2 months ago

Oh I totally get that. I haven't even played it with my wife yet, as it's not the type of game she generally likes either.

2 months ago

Forgot to ask..what do the expansions add? More types of troops?

2 months ago

There aren't many details on the 2nd one yet, besides that it's called Siege, and has siege weapons and forts.

The Nobility expansion adds some new units, as well as Royal Decrees, which give another use for the Royal Coins. Basically once per game abilities that each player can use once. 3 are available each game out of I think 7.

2 months ago

Oh that's cool. Do you draft those abilities like with the units or are all 3 available to both players for the whole game?

2 months ago

Each player has the ability to do each ability one time throughout the game, so they're not exclusive to one player.

2 months ago

That actually sounds like it has the potential to be a game changer. Get it for sure!

2 months ago

I plan to eventually :)  It does seem like it's out of stock in many places at the moment though.

57 days ago

I'm still looking at #Spirit Island, but I also want to try #Root and #Wingspan. I started getting back into board gaming more recently and I've been hearing great things about all of these games.

58 days ago

I feel like winning #A Feast For Odin this time. It trades places in my wish list top 3 with #Root and #Star Wars: Outer Rim for a while now!

Supporter58 days ago

Hmmm IDK... maybe Champions of Midgard

2 months ago

Here we go again. Fingers crossed :)

I'm thinking about adding one of the newer crime mystery games, possibly #Detective: A Modern Crime Board Game - Season One. It looks like they've made the game much shorter in response to criticism, which is sad news for us, as we really enjoyed immersing ourselves in the 3 or 4 hour marathon games.

On the solo side of things, I'm holding out hope that I'll be able to find a retail copy of #Pax Pamir (Second Edition). I'm halfway through Peter Hopkirk's fantastic book about the game's theme, and so I can now see myself getting very excited about geeking out over the cast of historical characters and the history behind it all. 

2 months ago

I definitely second 's choice of #Aquatica.  I'm also getting more interested in #Wild Space as I like the art style, and it seems like it would play quickly with satisfying action chaining if you combo things right.  I'm definitely a sucker for that kind of game play.  The premise and game play of #Café has me interested in it since my wife and I like coffee and quick games.  I'm also at a place where I'm not even sure I want to pick up more games right now, but if somebody plopped $60 of free game money into my lap, what am I gonna do? Not use it? Come on now...

2 months ago

Got to be #Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition): Prophecy of Kings Expansion , I won't be complete without it.

2 months ago

username checks out

2 months ago

Still keeping my eyes on #Betrayal Legacy and #Wingspan and actually #Terraforming Mars as well as I keep hearing postive comments about it