This site prioritizes game information. Would you like to keep that way or would you want to priortize game prices? Prioritize PricesPrioritize Information

(Change this option in the future in the Account dropdown)

What did you play this week? (12/21/2020)

(12/21/2020) This is an automated weekly post to talk about the games you played last week.

Christmas LikeLike| 76 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

37 days ago

Successful week in my book!

#Paladins of the West Kingdom got to the table. Surprised me (again!) that eeach game can be so different.

#Hive Pocket , #Sushi Go Party! and #Targi got some love, together with #Raiders of the North Sea with the #Raiders of the North Sea: Fields of Fame expansion. Played lots of #Twilight Struggle online.

Got one more month of #Pandemic Legacy: Season 0 going and working well via online.

Hoping for some #Everdell this week and getting #Clank! In! Space! out this coming week.

Merry Christmas everyone!

36 days ago

Wow, this sounds like an awesome week!

37 days ago

Pretty light week, game-wise, but fun!

• #Troyes again on BoardGameArena with and . This is a cool game! I'm not sure how much my wife would enjoy it, which is the only thing keeping it down lower on the wishlist.
  • #Dale of Merchants - it finally came in! We were only able to get a single game played, but we both enjoyed it and are looking forward to further plays! When we've got a few more in, I'll write up my thoughts here on BGA. In a 2 player game, you only use 3 decks, so there are still 24 that we haven't used yet!

Premium User36 days ago

I think you should wait for your Dale of Merchants review until you've played with all 27 decks 🤣🤣

36 days ago

In every single 3-deck combination possible! It's almost 3000 combinations lol

Premium User35 days ago

That's a crazy amount of combinations! By the way, I FINALLY got a shipping notification for your gift. Should be there Sunday I believe it said...

35 days ago

woohoo! I'm stoked!

And yeah, it is crazy!

Premium User35 days ago

Me too! I'm just hoping you didn't ask anyone else for it hahahaha

35 days ago

Haha, I wouldn't worry about it. Even if that did happen (doubtful), then I could easily trade one of the copies for something else! Either way it will be fun and super appreciated :)

37 days ago

It has been fun for sure! I have enjoyed my plays. should be getting his copy today so I will be able to play in person here soon :) 

37 days ago

Oh that's awesome! I actually saw it in the game store the other day when I was picking up #Dune: Imperium and briefly thought about it...but I figured I needed to be responsible and just get what I came for, haha

37 days ago

HAHA who needs to be responsible...also I like how you subtley mention you picked up #Dune: Imperium....

37 days ago

Haha, I've mentioned it a couple times around the forums, but I haven't scheduled a time to play it yet, so there's not really much to talk about at this point lol. I sleeved it already, though, haha

37 days ago

Ahhh I have not been super active over the last week. Work picked up a lot. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Do you have a time planned yet?

37 days ago

Not yet. I texted some friends this morning, but have not gotten any responses so far. I'm hoping for Sunday!

37 days ago

Nothing like a post Christmas game session!

37 days ago

🤞

Premium User33 days ago

Finally got to try #Space Base, and the 2nd edition of #Camel Up (Second Edition)

Owner32 days ago

How did Camel Up go? Was it with family?

Premium User31 days ago

oh yeah, all gaming is with family these days. Camel Up is fine, it's darn near impossible to try to stratergize though, so I just gample and pray to RNGesus

34 days ago

I tried #Everdell for the first time and it was okay but not nearly as good as #Wingspan which I played for like the 12th week in a row. Also tried #Pictomania (Second Edition), which was much better than expected, I greatly enjoyed it.

Also played #The Mind, #Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion, #Tapestry, #Quarto, #Quoridor, #Detective: City of Angels, #Whistle Mountain, #Santorini, #Clank! A Deck-Building Adventure, #Blue Lagoon, and got to demo #Last Light wit hRoy from The Dice Tower

Owner32 days ago

Hey there! I'm most interested about #Whistle Mountain. Seems to be getting a lot of attention recently. How was it?

And demoed Last Light with Roy? Are you one of the contributors to the Dice Tower as well?

31 days ago

#Whistle Mountain is amazing! One of my favorite games of the year, and no I don't work with the dice tower, I wish though!

37 days ago

I haven't played games in almost 2 weeks! It feels like it's been so long!
But I'm finally free again, so my group had an extra long session yesterday. Again #Arkham Horror: The Card Game haha. We continued the fanmade campaign, and because it's still quite new, we were mostly playtesting. We had some issues with some things, but my friend is currently in correspondence with the creator, so hopefully there will be tweaks made for the next group that playtests. 

Now that I'm on break now,  my group is able to meet multiple times a week now! I'm super excited to play tomorrow, even though the campaign hasn't been as enjoyable as I'd like it to be. 

Premium User37 days ago

I really want to break out #Arkham Horror: The Card Game and give it a shot! I don't think I could convince Sarah to play much with me though lol..think it would be worth it solo?

37 days ago

Oh yeah for sure. Many people play it solo, I'm just not one of them haha. Since you only have one core set, there's a limited amount of combination of investigator pairings that don't overlap cards. (I'm assuming you'll play two-handed/control 2 investigators) 
Here are the combinations: 
- Roland and Agnes 
- Roland and Wendy
- Daisy and Skids
- Daisy and Wendy
- Agnes and Skids

You can find more information on the given "starter" decklists here. Scroll down to "Player Resources" and then "Arkham Horror: The Card Game Investigator Decklists" (last updated 02 Nov 2020). The decklists are extremely basic; you might want to look at the rest of the available cards and tweak the decks before you start. But it provides a decent basis so you don't have to build from scratch!

Premium User36 days ago

Thanks for the tips! I decided to play#Nemo's War (Second Edition) today instead but I may still get to it tomorrow!

36 days ago

No problem! Take your time, that game isn't goin' anywhere! 

Premium User35 days ago

I heard games grow legs and just walk away if you don't play them right away...

Have I been lied to?!

37 days ago

Had a real nice week actually! Melanie was preocuppied with The Bachelorette so I had some gaming time lol. 

• #Pax Pamir (Second Edition) - Got a solo game of this in against Wakhan. I did not think I would win...her court size was unbelievable. 12 cards to end the game!! but I pulled it out and I am confident I did miss any rules or at least anything significant!
  • #Aeon's End: Legacy - finished up scenario 7 and won BARELY by going through the entire Nemesis deck! Never happens like that!
  • Played #Troyes with and on Board Game Arena and had a blast. I did not love the game when I first tried it out but it is clicking now!
  • #Too Many Bones - tried out Tantrum again against the Goblin King and got very close to winning, but I did not make wise decisions with my progress points near the end of the game and that doomed me!
  • #Orléans - @ 4-players - First time playing this and REALLY liked it. It was very satisfying and I realized pretty early on I made some bad mistakes. The game is just satisfying in a lot of ways. I told Melanie it is like a strategic version of #The Quacks of Quedlinburg lol. 
  • #Race for the Galaxy - @ 3-players - Got my butt handed to me. This game is like golf for me, the more I play the worse I get. I really enjoy it though!