First off--thanks for everyone who participated in the previous challenge and for those who created great discussions! I had fun reading all of the posts and it seems like it made it easy for everyone to open up conversations.
Here's Challenge #5 (please make sure to read all instructions):
1. Make a post about game mechanisms. Anything goes! For example, you could post about:
- What are your favorite dexterity games?
- What's your favorite game mechanic and why?
- What are your recommendations for another engine-building game similar to Viticulture?
- Raiders vs. Architects - Which is a better worker placement game?
- My top 5 least favorite game mechanics
- Top 9 Dice Worker/Placement Games (with a 3x3 grid image of the games)
- Why variable player powers is my favorite game mechanic
- Which mechanic do you think is underappreciated/underused?
2. To encourage discussion through your post, please include (1) enough context in the description section and (2) a question to engage other users!
3. Link your post to the Weekly Challenge topic page. This will help keep track of participants so that I can give out rewards easily!
4. You will gain 1 entry per post. You can make a maximum of 2 posts per day for this challenge. I hope this will give you ample time to make a thoughtful post and actually enjoy the process instead of feeling rushed to get in as many entries!
Besides earning a badge for completing the challenge (I'll be working on the designs), you will also have a chance to earn a $60 gift card you can put toward a board game purchase!
Thanks everyone and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. I'm going to have a lot of fun joining in on this challenge too :)