What did you play this week?

This is an automated weekly post to talk about the games you played last week.

Like| 23 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter3 months ago

Played#Star Wars Imperial Assault on TTS this past week. We are in the Heart of the Empire campaign finale. I think that I have a decent chance of winning (I'm playing as the Empire)

4 months ago

We have been playing #Pandemic Legacy: Season 2.  So far we have played 11 total games, 3 prolog games, and then 8 games to get us to July.  We lost 4 in a row from March to April and then turned things around in May and June.  So far really enjoying it.  It is quite different than Season 1.  Which at this point I would say I liked a bit more.  Season 2 does introduce some new mechanics but through the first six months the game itself has not chnaged all that much and I was hoping for a bit more variety.  I'm sure that will prob happen in thelast six months.

We also played #Adventure Games: The Dungeon.  This was well written and voice narrated through the app.  This is a relatively simple adventure (if it were a video game it would be a point and click) but with some decent branching outcomes.  We did miss a few key things towards the end of the adventure, which I won't go into as they are all spoilers, but it would have been nice if they had desinged it a bit differently so that you wouldn't miss big parts of the adventure because you chose to do A before B, C and D.  Overall though we enjoyed it.  The nice part is nothing is destoryed so you could easily hand it off to someone else to play unlike say the EXIT series of games which for the most part are one and done.

We played a couple games of #Scooby-Doo!: Betrayal at Mystery Mansion Which i would descibe as Betrayal light.  The theme is great.  All the haunts are named after episodes of the TV show or movies.  The game seems to suffer a bit from the same things #Betrayal at House on the Hill and its DnD counterpart #Betrayal at Baldur's Gate did and that is the Haunts are not written in a clear manor so that everyone knows what to do.  In one case we played a Haunt where one of the main mechanics of the haunt was completely left out of the book.  I had to check the forums to figure it out.  And after looking around the forums realized that there are quite a few more issues as well.  These are in my opionion unforgiveable errors.  Someone should have absolutely caught those kinds of simeple errors on the very first play test.  Beyond that though the game is fun and if you are interested in a Betrayal game but are new to the concept or gaming in general this would be a great game to start off with, and then if you like it you can work your way through the other two and eventually #Betrayal Legacy, one of my favortie Legacy games to date.

Yesterday we played a couple games of #Sonora.  A flick and write game.  Love both aspects of the game.  The flicking is fun and you can mess with the other players if you want to.  There are 4 sections you flick in to and those correspond to the 4 sections you can write your points in to.  Each section has bonuses that allow you to chain scoring from one section to another and on and on and sometimes just one disk can chain many times.  The final game yesterday my son and I tied at 266 and he ended up winning the tie breaker as he had one more discovery bonus than I did.  Really enjoy this game and would highly reccomend to anyone who enjoys roll and writes or flicking games.

Partner4 months ago

Sadly kids and grad school eat most of my time. Did get a few games of Gwent in though.

4 months ago

I played alot of minecraft this week and it was all just fun ! if you are a minecraft fan or just heard about the game and wanna know more about it , Minecraft Quiz is one of the best ways to tet your test your knowledge and/or leard about the game while having fun!

Supporter4 months ago

I played four games last week in the "shelf of shame challange."

I have outlined my experiences with these games in my posts. But, suffice to say that I enjoyed them, even though the first three games were in app form.

3 months ago

Played carcassone with the family and had a lot of fun, and realised why I promised myself I wouldnt play risk again years ago when I played it at a friends yesterday.

3 months ago

Haha, long game?

3 months ago

Extremely, especially when you lose because of a few lucky (or unlucky in my case) dice rolls.

3 months ago

That's tough, happens to all of us. I once rolled 34 dice before managing to get the single 4 I was after :D

3 months ago

If you and your friends like Risk, I would highly recommend #Risk: Legacy.  With my group even 5 player games take 2hrs or less and we would pretty consistantly get 2 games played a night.  The game is great and well worth the time and investment.  Honestly we enjoyed it so much we bought a 2nd one to play through again.

3 months ago

Would you say it is worth looking at if you aren't particularly a fan of risk?

3 months ago

That's a little harder to say.  I would say Yes if most of the following are true

1. You have a consistant group of 4 - 6 to play.  Box says 3- 5 but its best with 4 to 6.  You can play with a changing group each session but its so much better if its a consistant group.
  2. You don't mind direct conflict and the anguish that can come from that. (It is still Risk after all)
  3. You enjoy Legacy games.
  4. You don't know if you like Legacy games and want to give one a shot ;)
  5. You like really getting to know a game and want to dive deep into the strategies of a game.  The game strategies will change over the 15 games you play and its enjoyable.
  6. You want a shared gaming experience that you and your group will still be talking about months after the game occurred.  We still have several of those that get brought up at least monthly.  Also ties back to #1 above. 

If most of the above aren't true for you and your group then I wouldn't even consider it.  I would say if 4 of the 6 are true then yeah its worth playing.  The price point is pretty decent as well, or was the last time i looked ;)

3 months ago

Thanks, that good to know. We really enjoyed #Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 and have been considering what to play next. Not sure I could get a group of four together too consistently thought

3 months ago

I do not have a powerful PC to paly new games but this week I decided to install Razer for PC tune up and I finally started playing Witcher 3 #The Witcher This game is amazing. I think I will discover the whole world in it.

3 months ago

I think you may have stumbled onto a different forum than you expected. Welcome though 😀

3 months ago

So much, shef of shame challenge + a weekend away really helped:

#878: Vikings - Invasions of England, this game is everything I hoped it would be, we've played twice so far and it's 1-1 Vikings to Saxons.

#Lost Cities, played a few games, enjoyed it well enough but not sure it will become a regular

#Cypher, fun little game, good for travelling

#The Fox in the Forest Duet such a pretty game and very relaxing to play

3 months ago

Also played Burgle Bros (twice) and lost (twice). It's about trying to get loot and escape without getting caught by the cops! Sadly those cops kept catching us in the act. Need a better strategy...anyone have tips? 

3 months ago

Played an Unlock! Game which is like an escape room, but done with cards and in the comfort of your home. They have various scenarios and this time we tried out the one from their Heroes Adventure series called "In Pursuit of the White Rabbit". It was so much fun.

3 months ago

Friends picked up a used copy of #The Logo Board Game and brought it over.  Fun, silly, and challenging.  A timer would have been helpful in forcing us to answer or pass and shorten the game time. Some of the companies we hadn't heard of, some we remembered from 40 years ago. Still, entertaining.

Premium User3 months ago

Finally got #Charterstone to the table. With checking the rules, and snack breaks and interuptions it took almost 3 hours to finish, but everyone loved it.

3 months ago

Last week I was at my parents house and noticed Carcassonne on their board game shelf. We used to play that as kids. So I borrowed it and have been playing Carcassonne for days in a row now.

Supporter4 months ago

Got a decent amount of gaming in this week:

• #Fort (Tabletop Simulator, multiplayer)  It took us a lot longer to finish it than any of us expected but it was a fun little twist on a deck builder.  Definitely if you like deck builders and want something a bit different this is a good one to play.  I think I'd want further plays before I could nail down exactly how I feel about it.  Part of me says, it's fine but not spectacular but another part says it warrants another look to see if it gets deeper.
  • #Great Western Trail (Tabletop Simulator, multiplayer) Been dying to get this to the table again.  (I own it physically.) Definitely enjoyed it and I already want more plays because I can feel there is some real mastery to be had in this game.
  • #Space Base (Tabletop Simulator, multiplayer) Played this once at the first SHUX with Matt and enjoyed it but it didn't blow me away.  I think I had a bit more fun on the second go around and it clicked a bit better.  My original play was a prototype and I think they might have refined it nicely since then because it did seem to flow better.  

Just the three this week but still a ton of fun!