So I've been "in the hobby" for a couple of years, but this year is definitely my highest so far in terms of acquisition of games. I feel extremely blessed, and do not want to take it for granted. I am especially blessed because a couple of those games have been due to winning contests throught BoardGameAtlas, which was super exciting. Anyway, here are all of the games that I have added to my shelves this month. Many were Christmas gifts, and some were pre-orders.
Would love to see all of your additions!
- #Shards of Infinity: Deckbuilding Game - this was on my wishlist courtesy of @jameystegmaier's enjoyment of it
- #The Blood of an Englishman - interesting looking asymmetric card game
- #Mint Works - tiny worker placement!
- #Innovation - no clue if we'll like this, but I wanted to try it
- #Bruxelles 1897 - very cool looking heavier card game
- And last but not least, an amazing gift from @cbrady748, #Baseball Highlights: 2045! I'm especially excited to get that one to the table!! It will probably have to be once we're past family holiday stuff, haha.
Other December additions:
- #Orléans (not pictured because I forgot) - ordered this on Black Friday, but it arrived in December. We already have 3 or 4 plays of it, so it's safe to say we like this one!
- #Dune: Imperium - I am SO excited to give this one a try - I have plans to do so tomorrow!
- #Dale of Merchants (all of the games) - I've been waiting on this one for a few months! I backed the KS for DoM3 in the spring and just went all in. We're really enjoying it so far! We've only played with I think 9 decks, and of course you can mix and match for a new game every time! I did the math, and there are almost 3000 distinct combinations of decks for a 2 player game! Even more with more players!
- #Inis (with #Inis: Seasons of Inis Expansion) - I've been wanting to pick this up for a while, so as soon as it came back in stock in the USA, I bought them both! This was what I bought with my bonus I received (well, the one fun thing I bought for myself). We played a 2 player learning game, and we both liked it! It's definitely a weird game, and my wife said she'd have to be in the mood to play this one, but that she did definitely like it.