Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on October 23, 2019)

Supporter

Onto the third round of our $60 board game giveaway! (Ends Wednesday on October 23, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST). Just as before, this is an entirely separate giveaway from the one on our social media.

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:

• Make a post on our forum or write an article
  • Comment or reply on posts/articles
  • Refer a friend using this link: https://www.boardgameatlas.com/signup?referral (send this link to your friends and have them input your username under the referral section)

Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions so let's see how far we can go with this third round of giveaway!

You can see the full rules here.

Also, you can check out our past winners here:

Which game will you be getting if you won?

Like| 124 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

13 months ago

I'm hoping for Dinosaur Island. I've heard that it's quite the brain burner. If you've played it would you say this is true? Which game that you've played would you consider to be the heaviest? 

13 months ago

It's a good time. The decision space shouldn't burn you out but you can have some interesting choices. I enjoy it. But if I want my head to hurt, I'll play Food Chain Magnate.

13 months ago

I wouldn't necessarily call Dinosaur Island a brain burner, but it is a lot of fun. Definitely worth getting. The heaviest game could be Gloomhaven. I hear it weighs 22 pounds! haha

13 months ago

I have not heard Dinosaur Island called a brain burner, I have heard it is fun and the playthroughs I have seen make it seem like a pretty thinky yet mellow game!

13 months ago

The game isn't generally considered that heavy because actions you make are direct. Buying a recipe gives you access to a dinosaur, paying for more security gets you more security.

The toughest part of Dinosaur Island is when you are trying to do 3 things on a turn and you have to math out how to do those things with your available turns. But this is true of any action selection game (e.g. worker placement).

The joy in Dinosaur Island is the theme and presentation. If you enjoy this theme then I imagine you will enjoy the game. If you are at all afraid it is too heavy, I would tell you that any difficulty you might have with the game will get ironed out with multiple plays.

13 months ago

Clank or maybe one of the D&D dungeon crawl games I don't own yet. 

13 months ago

Clank in space is one of those games I would love to get to the table more than I do!  Highly recommend it.  The space has a modular board to allow for more differences with each replay.

Supporter13 months ago

You know, I was looking at Mice and Mystics (if I'm lucky enough to win another time).  Has anyone here played it?  Thoughts?

Supporter13 months ago

I think this looks cool too. Would be a fun one to play with the kids. 

13 months ago

I played it once several years back. It is a great game to introduce children (and even adults) to boardgaming and even to RPG's. It is a little on the light side but I would not mind having it in my collection to play with my kids from time to time.

Supporter13 months ago

That's good to know.  I have a few games I play with my 7 year old and I want to keep getting her (and her little sisters when they are old enough) more into gaming.  I wonder if I could modify Imperial Assault to play well with kids and skip this one.  Especially since some of the reviews show it to be really heavy on the dice rolling.  I actually enjoy some dice rolling but not too much.  I really don't like games that are totally dependent on it (unless it's modified dice, ie 1775: Rebellion).

13 months ago

I have never heard of this! I’ll need to give it a look!

13 months ago

I wanted to like Mice and Mystics so much. My kids and I loved the minis and the story, but playing it felt so random and if you fail you have to start the whole thing over again. Some scenarios are almost 2 hours depending on how focused you can be. I wanted to like it. In the end I decided against it.

Supporter13 months ago

Have you played anything from Plaid Hat Games you enjoy?  I'm asking because I was also looking at Stuffed Fables and Tail Feathers

13 months ago

Since Tail Feathers is a miniatures war game at it's core, I avoided it. Stuffed Fables didn't grab me. I'm really thinking of checking out Aftermath though. It seems like the best of both worlds and the next step for these type of games.

Supporter13 months ago

Aftermath does look intriguing.  But the price tag is high right now.  I’d probably have to wait for a bit after it’s release.

Supporter13 months ago

Woot, woot.  Looking to make a come back this giveaway after being denied back to back championships.  Ha.

13 months ago

The race is on! :) 

Supporter13 months ago

Will the Wingspan Expansion be available if you win back to back?  If not you should just wait for a later contest ;)

13 months ago

That's a good question. maybe I'll go dark for this giveaway...just in case :)

Supporter13 months ago

You know Ben, since you got Wingspan, if you haven't had a chance to read this yet, here was an interview I did with the artists. It was neat playing the game after the interview and having all these new revelations on how they got connected with Stonemaier Games, how long they took on certain cards, etc!

https://www.boardgameatlas.com/forum/XTO9WbDBqe/how-the-best-board-game-of-2019-wingspan-reunited-two-high-school-friends-interview

Supporter13 months ago

Thanks for the share. This was a great article. 

Supporter13 months ago

13 months ago

I actually have read that! I think I read it right after it went live. Very cool stuff. I think I'll read it again before we play our brand new copy so I can give some further insight to my wife (and others) while we play. Whenever we watch Star Wars, she always waits for the random facts that literally nobody knows about but me and a handful of others. So she's used to it haha

Supporter13 months ago

If three consecutive wins ever happens, I'm going to create a virtual trophy for that person lol. Maybe I should make one for one time winners too (like... "achievement" icons that will show up on your profile or something?)

Supporter13 months ago

I'd love to see some kind of extra icon.  Sort of like they have badges on Facebook (yes I'm old enough to still use Facebook).

Supporter13 months ago

Alright, I'll draw up some of these once I get through most of my interviews :)

Supporter13 months ago

As a fellow winner I totally agree. We need to feel even more special! /s

13 months ago

I heartily agree. I feel special, yes, but I want to feel really special hahaha

13 months ago

Come on guys!! Share the love!!