The team at Board Game Atlas is pleased to announce our brand new moderator program and we want you!
On Board Game Atlas, the game and product data you see is moderated by your peers in the board game community.
The BGA moderation team will be composed of a few courageous volunteers who will lead that effort and, of course, get a premium membership and a new status to thank them!
All moderators start at Level 1 of the program and then can graduate to higher levels of responsibility based on their contributions. You will be provided guidance on top priorities from our team.
- Work on data quality projects to increase the usefulness of the product.
- Provide information and insights to the community.
- Spend a minimum of twenty minutes per week on moderation.
- If you agree to take on a task, you must see it through, but you can exit the program whenever you wish.
Ideal Moderator Qualifications
Anyone that wants to become a moderator must go through an interview process to show they are both responsible and trustworthy. Here’s a list of suggestions to help show that. These items are not required and completing all these does not guarantee that you’ll be accepted but it’s a good starting point.
- You are an active member of the BGA Community (Sign Up For an Account Here)
- You must have a respected reputation with the BGA ecosystem.
- 100 quality wiki contributions (update game info, flag errors, add new games, etc)
- You have a solid foundation of board game experience and knowledge or you are willing to learn.
- You must hold yourself to a high standard of discourse and interaction.
- You must speak English fluently.
If you meet these requirements, we will set up an interview to discuss further. Nothing is guaranteed, all decisions are up to our discretion.
Once you feel like you’ve shown that you’re responsible and trustworthy you can apply via the below link.