E10: Board Game Atlas Top 10 Games of 2019

Supporter
Phil and Trent reflect on all the games they played this year and go through what they felt are the top 10 board games they played. This is the final podcast......

Like| 15 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter11 months ago

I have 8 hours of driving to do tomorrow. Looking forward to listening to this on the road. 

Supporter11 months ago

I listened to it now. I was a little surprised where some of the games showed up... But I did enjoy listening to it. 

Does it really usual take 2-3 hrs to play a game of viticulture? If so, that does cool my interest on it a little bit, after all I can generally whip out a 4 or 5 player game of Scythe in just under two hours. 

Cheers for 2020.

Supporter11 months ago

I've played Viticulture probably as much as any game.  It almost never takes me 2 - 3 hours unless I'm teaching 4 new people.  Even with 2 new people it usually takes at most close to 2.  If everyone has played I can usually get a game in in an hour.

Supporter11 months ago

Gotcha

Supporter11 months ago

Part of what makes it take so long is that many nights we play, we have at least one new person that takes a while each turn. It could easily be about an hour with a more experienced gamer group.

Supporter11 months ago

I see.how many do you usually play with? 

Supporter11 months ago

We usually play with 4 or 5 players.

Supporter11 months ago

that does sound nice

11 months ago

Nice work guys, I was not shocked by Phil saying Root was #1, I was shocked at Trent saying Quacks was his! 

Supporter11 months ago

You guys are getting better and better at these. Keep it up!

Supporter11 months ago

I have the exact same feeling about Wingspan. I always feel that if I could have 2 - 3 more actions to use in the last round I would feel so much better about my little bird collection.

Supporter11 months ago

If I had taken more time to think through my list, I think I would've changed one or two spots! Oh well, hopefully I'll have way more than 20 unique games to choose from next year haha

Supporter11 months ago

What would you have changed? 

Supporter11 months ago

I'd place Skulk Hollow quite a bit lower, likely to #10. Simply because it's for two players only and I wouldn't be in the mood to play it so often.

Supporter11 months ago

Looking forward to listening/watching. Thanks!

Linked Topic