I have grown a lot in my game taste and what really interests me over the past couple of years. There are some games that I added to my wishlist that are still there and I do not know why I put them on there in the first place, OR I have learned about myself and the people I play with and realized they would not work well. Here they are!
1. #Great Western Trail – This one just has not inspired much excitement from myself or the group. Plus it has been harder to find so it just is not a good fit anymore
2. #Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King – This was early on in exploring the auction style games, I have realized other games have take over this realm of my interested (ie. The Estates, Age of Steam)
3. #Dinosaur Island – Just a lot that I don’t like in this game anymore. Not much interaction, the visitors mechanic is a little too random, not having placement of your exhibits matter (this fixed with expansions). I would rather play other worker placement and spacial puzzle games.
4. #Hive Pocket – Learned that chess like games do not work well with my wife and myself, she is my main 2-player partner!
5. #Lisboa – this one pains me to put on this list. I would love to own and play this game, it just is too heavy and complex for it to realistically get played ever. One day I might be a millionaire and can afford it just for solo, but here we are.
What are some games you had on your list that made your question your life choices??