Ok, so I was about to buy Welcome To but wanted to add one more game to avoid the shipping costs. Now I need to figure out which game would be the best to play with my wife Anna.
Here's some info:
- Needs do have lots of interaction and must play well for two players (it will probably be played 2p ~80% of the time).
- Anna has limited experience but I could see that she's open to and can handle medium-light weight games. I'd say a game like Viticulture should be the max in terms of complexity.
- Speaking of Viticulture, I honestly have no idea how she'll feel about the game when we try it out this week (hopefully). The game has interactive elements in terms of blocking each other from certain actions, but I don't know if this is the sort of interaction she'd find enjoyable/fun. I feel like it'll also be a test of whether she just prefers these types of games in a bigger group.
- Based on her comments on past games we've played with others, I could see that she ultimately enjoys the aspects of interacting with other players and also seeing others' personalities come into play. So games like Quacks was a miss, while she liked games like Skull and got really into Catan.
- In case anyone's wondering, while she likes games that are interactive, it's not like that's all she wants to play. She likes Welcome To for a fun, short, relaxing game time. I'm specifically wanting a recommendation for the other side of the spectrum.
Thanks! Hoping to get Viticulture out this week and give everyone an update. I have a feeling this will give me a clear idea of her preferences. If she doesn't like Viticulture, that will be a quite a bummer because it's one of my favorites.