Fief: France 1429 | Review

New User
Review
See my review for the Fief: France 1429, a board game published by Academy Games. Tell me what you think about this game in the comments....

LikeLove| 4 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter4 days ago

You are right. This game is fiddly, luck can affect this way more than I wish for a game that is this long. It's best with the full player count. It has so many things that are just sorta wrong about. But, man it is fun. I love this game, it finally dropped off of my top 10, I think it is currently at 11 for me. The only thing that makes it drop a bit for me is I can't play it very often, in fact, I haven't played it since I have moved to Central America..... #Fief: France 1429 should be talked about more. I think it should be more popular game. It is a game that is deeply flawed, and somehow, those flaws even manage to elevate the game in some ways.

New User4 days ago

Right? So much fun. 

Supporter4 days ago

Why do you think that it isn't more popular?

New User4 days ago

I think most people who have played it love it, and it gets a solid BGG rating, but I agree there is a sense it is not popular. Maybe because of the old school feel that might be a turn off for some, but I think mostly because a couple of reviewers gave it some bad press early. I think they were wrong, but when being negative is popular, people tend to pile on. I consider it one of the best interactive games out there. And it really is the best of what board gaming has to offer, in my opinion. 

Linked Games
Fief: France 1429