The time has come. Well, not really. I'm not planning on buying anything until 2021 but I do want to hear your thoughts.
First, what brought this up?
My wife and I watched the first hour of the latest Star Wars movie last night and we'll be watching the rest tonight. There are parts that made me go "hmmm interesting" and it's a sequel that makes me miss some of the elements of the older movies but overall, it's great entertainment. Anyway, my wife has never watched any of the originals or the prequels, so I got to introduce her to the world first through Rogue One, then the sequels 7 and 8, and now 9. And once again, I was surprised by her level of curiosity when it comes to learning about the Star Wars lore. I'd answer her questions about Kylo Ren's family background, mention things related to Darth Vader and his plunge into the Dark Side, Palpatine's manipulation, and other plot points with my limited knowledge. This made me wonder if I should get a Star Wars game in the future.
What I am looking for/our typical preferences:
- 2-2.5 hours max gameplay time. 2.5 Hours is our absolute limit
- We like midweight euros with thematic connections in the mechanics. If it's not too thematic, we're okay if the mechanics of the game has a strong hook. We're not too interested in lighter games and we also don't prefer games that are way too complex and have too much rules overhead
- We like player interaction and feeling of progression throughout gameplay. Because of this, a game with a common board/map tends to go well for us
- It'd be great if it has a solo mode because my wife and I don't game together very often. We used to, but nowadays we'll have a 2p session maybe once a month, or sometimes once in two months
- I'm looking for a game that is rich with Star Wars theme, one that actually makes you immersed in the lore
Thanks in advance for the help :)