First game of 2020?

Supporter

What was the first game you played this year?

Like| 61 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

10 months ago

Dixit and Qwixx with friends who came to visit.  We had six players and I had to come up with some easier games.

10 months ago

We played Paladins of the West Kingdom.

Followed that up with Foodies, Cinephile, and MegaCity: Oceania.

Supporter10 months ago

2020 is off to a good start! my hat's off to you

Supporter10 months ago

Played a game of rftg tonight. I lost. 

Supporter10 months ago

0-1 in 2020? ;) 

Supporter10 months ago

Yep, BUT I had fun and it can only go up from here. 

Supporter10 months ago

That’s for sure!

11 months ago

I played the game of waterslides and wave pool at an indoor waterpark haha I'm hoping to get in something today, even if it's a small/short one like Circle the Wagons. That'd make a pleasant first game of the year!

10 months ago

Ha!  There is a waterpark board game.  I think this is the one I'm thinking of...

https://www.boardgamequest.com/slide-blast-review/

10 months ago

Those meeples are fantastic! Looks cute and fun. Almost reminds me of Tsuro the way the tiles are.

10 months ago

Yes!  It reminds me more of Indigo with the same hex shaped tiles and curved paths.

Supporter10 months ago

Haha! Nice!

Supporter10 months ago

Hahaha! Chutes and ladders you mean? ;)

10 months ago

haha You know it! I actually asked my wife while we were there if she could think of how to turn the water park into a board game. She also said chutes and ladders haha

Supporter10 months ago

OR it would be a tile-laying game where you're trying to connect and score certain features in this sprawling water park...

... see? now you've got me thinking about this. 

Supporter10 months ago

Haha! or it would be some sort of complex economic game where you need to advertise, pay for water, make repairs and additions, filter the water, provide the right staff etc in order to make the most $$. 

10 months ago

That tile-laying idea reminds me of the old NES game, Pipe Dream, or something to that effect. I loved playing that, connecting pipes to make the water/slime/whatever it was go where it needed to go. A slight tweak in theme wouldn't be difficult.

And your economic game idea sounds a bit like Dinosaur Island, just with killer waterslides instead of previously extinct reptiles haha I'd play that!

Supporter10 months ago

Now to get designing lol

Supporter11 months ago

3 games of Disney Princess Cupcake Party with my girls. 

Then this afternoon I got two games of Scythe Rise of Fenris in. Just finished episode 4 and I’m totally blown away with the expansion so far. 

Supporter10 months ago

Awesome! 

11 months ago

I like the consistency of the games you’ve played lol

But really can’t wait until I can play games with my daughters!

Supporter11 months ago

First, nice.

Second.  Should I get Fenris when I win this month, haha. But for real is it something I should consider?  Scythe is one of my favorite games.

Supporter11 months ago

If Scythe is already one of your favorite games you absolutely must get Fenris. I haven’t seen all the new content yet but the story so far is incredible and I can’t wait to see the rest of the new additions  to the game. 

Supporter11 months ago

Sounds great 

Supporter11 months ago

Awesome.  Well I'll move it high up on my list.  Although besides backing Oath it may be my only purchase for the year.  I have so many games I want to play multiple times that I think for the time being in my life (given how much I can or can't play) I need to say to myself my collection is complete.

Supporter10 months ago

Yes Fenris is so good?

Supporter10 months ago

That's what I hear.

Supporter11 months ago

I played go fish with my son this morning at his request. 

Supporter10 months ago

Good job! Gotta bring up the next gamer generation!

Supporter10 months ago

Exactly