Weekly Challenge #3: Jixia Academy
I FINALLY got to play #Jixia Academy the other night with my wife! This game is actually a simple re-theming of #Hanamikoji. It is a very simple card game that utilizes their "I split, you choose" mechanic, along with set collection. The set collection however acts as a means of area control as you vie for the favor of various scholars.
Each round is comprised of 4 actions that you must take but in whichever order you choose. The game can be as quick 5-10min or as long as 20min.
- The art is not my favorite, however it is well executed
- The production quality is great, as is characteristic of Deep Water Games
- The alternating turns are very quick
- Very unique actions/decisions
- the rulebook, though short, is not very clear
- the back and forth from round to round can be a little tedious
- the win conditions are simple, yet they can get a little muddled from round to round