Top 100 Board Games (as per 39 content creators/reviewers)

I just launched my updated list of the best 100 board games. It isn't a traditional top 100. Instead, I chose 39 of my favorite reviewers and combined their top board games lists into one mega list. Everything is filterable by player count, reviewer, game length, etc. and all games have links to BGA. Check it out:

https://boardgamesquad.com/top-games-meta-list/

Like| 15 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter7 months ago

I might have missed it, but are the games in the solo filter based on ratings given specifically for its solo mode? Or is it basically the the same ratings, but filtered based on whether or not it has a solo mode?

7 months ago

The latter

Supporter7 months ago

Wow this is cool! Could you do one for solo games?

Supporter7 months ago

Doh! Didn’t see the solo filter. My bad. 

7 months ago

Very cool ranking system. I always like going through various types of "Top X Games" and this was enlightening. Fun to see how reviewers rank everything.

Supporter7 months ago

This is quite informative. I love Top X lists. 

Supporter7 months ago

Fascinating. I am pleased to see how well #scythe stacked up. Also, there are not many lists like this where Pandemic Legacy 2 is ranked higher than Pandemic Legacy 1.

7 months ago

They’re actually ranked the same. Most reviewers simply listed Pandemic Legacy without specifying which one, so I made a call to include both, ranking them the same.

Supporter7 months ago

oops, sorry my bad, I just was looking at where they were in the list, and reading the commentary rather than noting the numbers.

7 months ago

This article makes me laugh a little. I watch and listen to Heavy Cardboard a lot and I knew exactly what games they would endorse and what games they would not touch with a ten foot pole lol. 

7 months ago

Still a few on there with a HC endorsement. My list also would look a bit different personally.

7 months ago

There is a lot of HC for sure, but they are all voting on games that not many other publications vote for! Martin Wallace is the outlier there!

7 months ago

Wow, this is a cool list, seems like it took a lot of work. I look forward to being able to dig into it!

7 months ago

Thank you. It took 2 months!

Supporter7 months ago

Woah. Well I'm glad your content got mentioned on the Dice Tower news too!