philryuh

Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on February 2, 2020)

BGA
Here's the info for the next round of giveaway!

Starts: Monday, January 20
Ends: Sunday, February 2

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:
  • Make a post on our forum or write an article
  • Comment or reply on posts/articles
  • Create a topic
  • Refer a friend using this link: https://www.boardgameatlas.com/signup?referral (send this link to your friends and have them input your username under the referral section)
Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions.

Full rules here.

Thanks everyone for continuing to make this community a great one! And as always, which game will you be getting if you won?

5 points by philryuh - updated 20 days ago | 105 comments | report | subscribe

prozzden 30 days ago | 1 point[-]

Pyramid Arcade 

xldh 30 days ago | 1 point[-]

What do I think? Hmm, let's see. Aha! I think that I will have a very small chance of winning a boardgame. If that small chance comes to fruition, I would most likely pick either Wingspan or an expansion to Everdell.

BenjaminK 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

Wingspan is a popular option, as is Everdell. Have you played either of them?

xldh 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

I own Everdell and really like it. The game is a bit odd though in that one player can finish the game several turns before the other players. Nevertheless, it is a good game.

I suppose an expansion to Everdell would require you owning the game, therefore playing it haha

I haven't played it but hear great things. Wingspan is excellent. I would always recommend it.

nealkfrank 30 days ago | 1 point[-]

Well I thought I was special with having a February birthday, but I guess not! Mine is last in the month though. 

I am conflicted over what direction to go if victorious because of the whole birthday thing. I have a couple games on my list, so do I want to just guarantee I get them? Or do I risk it with my family to get them! I have Le Havre and The Quacks of Quedlinburg: The Herb Witches on my list, so we will see! I am also getting more and more interested in #Root too so maybe there will be the 4th print run again here soon!

Sliddell11 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

I would very much appreciate you winning these games lol

nealkfrank 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

Well that is good news since you would be the one getting to play em with me!

You know it brother!! 

Scyz 20 days ago | 1 point[-]

Maybe flick of faith since seems interesting

JamesReid860 Supporter30 days ago | 1 point[-]

Everdell, Wildlands, Champions of Midguard, Empires of the Void and Root would all be on the list.

Skurvy5 Supporter30 days ago | 1 point[-]

All good choices! Don’t think Root would be cheap enough though. 

JamesReid860 Supporter21 days ago | 1 point[-]

By time I win another one of these it could be 2030. I'm sure it will be down to $60 by then ;) 

Jed1knight 23 days ago | 1 point[-]

Marco Polo II

sdirrane Supporter31 days ago | 1 point[-]

Well if I can’t win on my birthday then I’ll hope to win on the one that starts with my birthday.

Happy Birthday! 

Happy Birthday! May it always be filled with happiness.

Hey but this one ends the day after my Birthday! ;) 

Happy Birthday! May it be filled with happiness.

Thanks!

sdirrane Supporter30 days ago | 1 point[-]

Haha, then you can win the next one after that.

Deal. Haha!

sdirrane Supporter30 days ago | 1 point[-]

@trentellingsen @philryuh

You can already call the next two winners so no need to deal with the pesky drawing. Ha!

We thought that we'd save you guys the trouble ;)  

Happy Birthday!

philryuh Supporter31 days ago | 1 point[-]

Happy birthday!! xD

I hope you win this one.

KYGameMaster 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

I would probably go with a new game, like Quacks of Quedlinburg or Ecos: First Continent, or a lesser known but incredible game I just came across called Honga.   Y'all should check Honga out!  It's got a unique gameplay, but it's hard to find, and the lowest it is right now is $40ish. 

I’ve never heard of Honga before. There are so. Many. Games. 

I just won a copy of Honga, but it hasn't been delivered yet. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

KYGameMaster 30 days ago | 1 point[-]

No kidding, right?  What kinda helps limit me is I need 5+ players (b/c of my family), and typically less than an hour.  Oh, and I have never really enjoyed any games rated less than 7.0 on BGG, so there's that too...but there's still, SO MANY GAMES!

Honga does sound like fun!

philryuh Supporter30 days ago | 1 point[-]

How did you end up hearing about Honga? Looks great!

I really enjoy Quacks, it reminds me of the soothing experience I get from Wingspan (except that it's a bit more a roller coaster ride with the good/bad draws from the bag haha).

Honestly, I think I was just browsing a clearance list on Miniature Market or something, and saw it, and then looked it up on BGG and saw it had a good rating.  So now it's on my list, haha

I watched a review of it too, and the gameplay is very unique, so I'm fairly confident I'll like it.  We'll see I guess :)

HooperGirl 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

Stone Age is back down to $44, so that is my pick this month.  :-)

Excellent choice. I was fortunate enough to get a like new copy for $25. I do not think this game will ever leave my collection.

HooperGirl 30 days ago | 1 point[-]

Oooh, $25?! Nice!

Hmm that’s a good choice!

Ahh yes, I was thinking of you when I saw the drop a few days ago!

HooperGirl 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

Such a great game!  I'll have to settle for a game of it on BoardGameArena.com  :-)

R0land1199 Supporter31 days ago | 1 point[-]

So many good possibilities!  I'd maybe consider #Pipeline, or #Inis, #Chinatown, #Grand Austria Hotel, and #Mombasa all pop up to mind. :)

Skurvy5 Supporter30 days ago | 2 points[-]

Lots of good choices there. 

KYGameMaster 31 days ago | 2 points[-]

Ooh...Chinatown is a good one, but sadly it's out of stock in most places :(

R0land1199 Supporter31 days ago | 1 point[-]

Ah darn.  Oh well, lots of good stuff out there.

philryuh Supporter30 days ago | 2 points[-]

Even Pipeline seems to be out of stock at the moment :(

Well I'm sure there will be good games around if you were to win hahaha

R0land1199 Supporter30 days ago | 1 point[-]

I need to post a lot more to have a chance I think!  I just am not a fan of posting for the sake of posting but I don't blame anyone for doing so.  

Skurvy5 Supporter31 days ago | 1 point[-]

I’m in! Still looking for expansion to A Feast For Odin!

Even though I knew A Feast For Odin is popular, I was surprised to see that its expansion was among the top games in terms of number of views (when I was putting that graph together a while back). I guess it must be really good? :D

It puts a bow on the game. Adds some really useful animals that just ties everything together nicely. 

Sliddell11 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

Ooo maybe a small box games?.. like #Welcome to..., #Patchwork and some others...

or a couple bigger ones like #Sagrada and #Raiders of the North Sea

or just #Le Havre or #Troyes

the possibilities are endless!

nealkfrank 28 days ago | 1 point[-]

#Troyes I have heard really shines with the #Troyes: The Ladies of Troyes Expansion. I dont know too much about the game aside from it being very pretty and its a dice drafter that can be a little conflict heavy. 

Haha yes verrry good. I do love me some good dice drafting...and some conflict haha 

nealkfrank 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

What other dice drafters do you have/have played?

Sliddell11 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

Full disclosure, I was lumping dice allocation into that category... but I will say I enjoyed dice forge and roll for the galaxy tho I don’t know if I would say that they are “drafting games” anymore...

nealkfrank 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

I mean it is a similar idea, just Race does not have a shared pool to draft/allocate like Troyes does. 

Yeah definitely. Dice Forge is almost a pseudo-dice drafter, but I sold it..

I've been looking into Troyes a lot recently! Sure seems like an interesting game and well received by just about everyone. And I like dice.

Sliddell11 29 days ago | 1 point[-]

I know same! I love dice, plus it’s super cool euroy art! Haha 

KYGameMaster 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

Sagrada is a great game...except the 5&6 player expansion is a must-have if I get Sagrada, because there's 5 in my family, so 4 player Sagrada wouldn't work :)

I know I’d really want that too! I usually play 5 player games...

We still use the 5-6 player expansion with 4 players. We just like having the personal dice pool.

That’s a great idea!

Nice!  I'll keep that in mind if I get it and ever play it with 4 :)  Thanks for the tip

I guess that means you'd also be on the lookout for the Herb Witches expansion if you were to get Quacks?

I want that one so bad...

I want that one so bad...

Haha...good detective work :)  Yes, If I go the Quacks route I'll get both.  That's the problem though with having 5 players in the fam...with so many 4 player games that have expansions that add at least a 5th player, buying them gets a little pricy - ugh :)

I know seriously. I don’t buy expansions often but this one I feel is worth it as it also helps with replayability!

disom 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

Assuming I didn't win the last once, I'll stick with #Res Arcana.

theDL 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

This is one that I definitely want to try but am afraid to buy for myself. I think I'd like it, just not sure about my wife, with whom I play the most often.

Marshwiggle92 Supporter31 days ago | 1 point[-]

I think I would love this one. 

I heard red arcana is amazing... I still need to look into it. What makes it stand out to you?

disom 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

I love the idea of just having a few cards in a deck that can build a little engine. There's also an insert that holds the resources during the game which lifts right out of the box.

Plus the illustrations are off the charts! :)

The art really is fantastic... builds a great theme

Both of those things sound amazing haha 

Last time I said #Viticulture: Essential Edition, and that may still be my answer! I've also been hearing some good things about #Imperial Settlers: Empires of the North and I think I'd enjoy that one as well!

As always, thanks for doing these giveaways!

Ahh viticulture... I want to try it so bad haha

Yeah man I hear only good things, and we like engine building and worker placement, so it seems perfect for us!

Same here! Maybe one day.. haha 

Skyw3rd 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

I'm picking up #Imperial Settlers: Empires of the North tomorrow actually. I'll try to get some plays in and let people know what I think.

oo, please do! I saw it on a lot of 2019 top games lists, and I was already interested before those lists starting coming out. I'm looking forward to your report!

Skyw3rd 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

I passed on #Imperial Settlers due to the deck building aspect. Now that they've made set decks and i'ts more of a board game, I'm much more into it. I'll let you know.

Yeah I'm the same way. I'd much rather sit down and play a game that's all ready to go.

BenjaminK 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

Not wasting any time getting this one going, are you? haha Honestly, I don't know what I'd pick. I've been thinking lately about X-Wing conversion kits for 2.0. But obviously Imperial Assault if it's ever under $60 :) 

Nope! And I decided to keep it consistent by having it always start on Monday and end on Sunday. Plus, it'll be easier for me to get the giveaway results from Trent when it's not on a weekend.

Marshwiggle92 Supporter30 days ago | 1 point[-]

Great idea 

BenjaminK 31 days ago | 1 point[-]

That works! You guys are always staying busy, that's for sure.

I love your picture with this GAW

As always I'll need to set how I feel about it if the time comes... But I'm thinking #everdell and maybe some sort of small box game. 

I like Everdell. I just hope to be able to figure out how to win...

Marshwiggle92 Supporter30 days ago | 1 point[-]

Good luck 

Thanks. I need it.

Like Targi?😎

Maybe.... 

There’s also an official solo variant! It requires a. D12 which I don’t have...

I did not know that. 

Yeah I just found it on BGG. The designer made it.

Interesting. I wonder how good it is?

Same! It completely changes the layout of the game. I would’ve tried it by now if I had the d12

You can always use Google or Siri or Alexa to roll a D12 for you. Handy in a pinch (although not nearly as tactile).

WHAT. Sir, you are a genius. I will probably be doing this tonight.

No. I WILL be doing this tonight.

BenjaminK 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

haha I don't think I would have thought of it if it were me having this problem. I hope you got it in last night!

I wasn’t able, but hopefully tonight!

BenjaminK 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

Make it happen!

Haha I’m trying I’m trying!!

theDL 27 days ago | 1 point[-]

We're all counting on you!