philryuh

BGA Metrics and Milestone of 2019

I've mentioned to a few of you (namely @Marshwiggle92) that I will share some metrics/milestones behind BGA that everyone might find interesting. Without further ado, here they are (will start out with some milestones and then present some metrics on content side of things):

BGA's busiest day was January 9, 2019

BGA's forum was added and introduced on January 31, 2019

We hosted a Hackathon on May 10-11

We're growing fast

• Monthly active users (number of unique users who visited BGA in the past month) grew 4x since April--jumped from 4K to 16K MAU today--and this isn't even counting our users on Board Game Prices after the acquisition
  • YouTube: Started out with 110 subscribers in September 22 (carried over from Trent's 5 Color Combo/before BGA days) to 492 subscribers today--Trent's been doing great work trying out reviews, news, unboxings, and interviews!--by the way, what's your favorite among these formats? 

Lastly, here's my favorite section saved for last. Content performance:

Most Viewed Article

Board Game Wingspan's Artist Spent 20 Hours Straight on the Barn Owl Card (second most viewed was my interview of Jamey Stegmaier with 3,442 Views)

Most Liked/Shared Article (I was going to put these separately but Mihajlo is at the top for both of these categories. Second most shared was my interview with the Wingspan artists)

Top Board Game Illustrator Mihajlo Dimitrievski on Style (Raiders of the North Sea)

Most Viewed Video

South Park Parodies Dice Tower's Board Game Breakfast

• 55 Thumbs Up, 9 Thumbs Down

Most Liked Video

Hasbro Trolling By Releasing Monopoly: Longest Game Ever

• 150 Thumbs Up, 8 Thumbs Down

Longest Video :)

I'm Playing All 100 Sheets of Welcome To In One Sitting...

[Part 2] I'm Playing All 100 Sheets of Welcome To In One Sitting...

• 73 Thumbs Up, 2 Thumbs Down
  • 23 Hours and 12 Minutes Total
More Facts on Video Content
  • Trent has produced 60 videos since September 26 (that's 78 days)
  • That means an average of 0.77 video a day (ok I'm going too crazy with numbers now). More like 5-6 videos a week
  • Can you guess which format got the most love? If you don't want to guess see the stats below
  • Unboxing - 5 Videos
  • Interview - 3 Videos
  • Podcast - 4 Videos (the ones with me and Trent)
  • Marathon/Stunt - 2 Videos
  • Review - 24 Videos
  • News - 22 Videos

3 points by philryuh - updated 43 days ago | 21 comments | report | subscribe

Skurvy5 Supporter44 days ago | 1 point[-]

Some great milestones here. You guys have made excellent progress in one year and you are poised for a huge breakout year in 2020! And your loyal forum supporters will be there along side!

philryuh Supporter43 days ago | 1 point[-]

It'll be great year! :D

BenjaminK 45 days ago | 1 point[-]

I like the news segments. Always fun to be on the cutting edge of new!

You guys are doing amazing! If you think of anything I could do to help out, I'd love to do what I can (time permitting, of course). I really enjoy this forum and site.

I like the news segments too. I also enjoy the unboxings for some reason. 

philryuh Supporter44 days ago | 1 point[-]

I realllly would love to take your offer on it and make something together next year! (hopefully before June? haha)

BenjaminK 43 days ago | 1 point[-]

Yeah, I'd be down! Shoot me a message with what you have in mind!

Marshwiggle92 Supporter44 days ago | 1 point[-]

Well... I hesitate to mention this.... But, there is a fundraiser going on at the moment....

BenjaminK 44 days ago | 1 point[-]

haha Yeah, I know. I've almost donated to it a few times, but unfortunately now's not a good time to be donating to things. I am serviceable in other areas though :) 

Marshwiggle92 Supporter44 days ago | 1 point[-]

I thought that might be the case, that is why I hesitated to mention it. But, I decided I would just in case you were in a position to donate. 

BenjaminK 44 days ago | 1 point[-]

No worries! It never hurts to check, and I'll never be offended :)

Is it possible for Canadians to be offended?

Yes. You don't like Tim Horton's or poutine? I'm offended. And that's about it :)

Skurvy5 Supporter43 days ago | 1 point[-]

I’ve never been to Tim Hortons but I do enjoy poutine. 

philryuh Supporter44 days ago | 1 point[-]

No worries Ben, appreciate the thought. I'll just look forward to another one of your posts that will have 500 comments this time lol

Holy crap, did it really have 500 comments? haha I wanted to stay involved with everything but I just couldn't keep up! Guess I'll have to find a new type of thread to bring the discussion :) 

philryuh Supporter43 days ago | 1 point[-]

Well, more like 200 comments (which is still a whole lot!) But I was setting a new challenge for your next one :)

Challenge accepted. 

Skurvy5 Supporter43 days ago | 1 point[-]

Look out!

Marshwiggle92 Supporter45 days ago | 1 point[-]

This is very interesting. I'm looking forward to your post about most visited game pages. 

philryuh Supporter45 days ago | 1 point[-]

I will be making another post showing the top most visited game pages on BGA! 

This sounds good! I bet it’s Imperial Assault.