Weekly challenge #1 - Share Your Collection

Owner

Starting this week, I wanted to present a fun challenge for everyone to participate in!

Here's challenge #1: Share Your Collection - Make a forum post with a picture of your collection and share your thoughts about it!

Directions

1. Link your post to the Weekly Challenge topic page. This will help keep track of participants so that I can give out rewards easily!

2. Share a little bit about your collection. Some things for you to think about are:

• How long have you been in the hobby? How long have you been collecting?
  • How would you describe your board game preferences?
  • What are the favorites in your collection? Why?
  • What is your least favorite (or least played) game in your collection? Why?
  • What do you like about your collection? Is there anything you'd change?
  • Which game would you absolutely LOVE to add to your collection and why?
  • Feel free to add anything else to this!

Rewards

Nothing set in stone yet, but I have several ideas on how I'd reward everyone who participates! Some thoughts I have are:

• Badges - I will be creating digital badges that I can award for everyone who participates (time to draw more often!) In general, I want to work on rewarding everyone whenever they reach certain milestones such as initiating conversations with a number of new users, participating in a weekly challenge, posting their 1st/10th/100th article, having a forum post with more than 100 comments, having a forum post with more than 100 "likes" (we'll be switching over the "upvotes" to "likes" soon) and many other milestones you'd reach while participating in the community.
  • Giveaway - I will randomly select one of the participants to give away a copy of #Last Stand! It's a game designed by @trentellingsen that he launched and funded through Kickstarter.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing your posts! I will do my best to participate in as many of these challenges too :)

Like| 6 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

removed

Comment deleted.

Owner4 months ago

Thanks for participating! Could you make this a separate forum post and link to the topic page I mentioned? I was thinking separate posts would be better so that it allows for a more focused conversation.

Premium User4 months ago

Well, I am trying to figure out how to link to the topic page...but I think I failed miserably...

Supporter4 months ago

Wow, way to follow directions @WadeB1977! Now you got in trouble with the teacher! Lol. 

Premium User4 months ago

I know, right?  That's what I get for trying to respond to a forum between work meetings.  

Owner4 months ago

Hope this helps! See red arrow to the button if you're creating a new forum post

If you're editing a post, you should be able to find a similar button. Also, if you made a regular text post instead of an image post, I don't think you'll be able to go back and edit it to post the picture. You'd be better off deleting your original post and making a new one. Hope that helps and sorry about the hassle!

Linked Topic